5.0 out of 5 stars Fascinating, excellent story!
Published on 13 July 2000

3.0 out of 5 stars Evil packaged in a pretty casing: a modern horror story.
The Griffin and Sabine Trilogy is an in depth look at deceit, intrigue, and the human psyche. This book is nothing more than one man's story of how evil is able to work in reality. Griffin receives a post card in the mail from a stranger. The stranger knows things about him that no one else knows. The stranger evokes feelings in him that he never knew he could...
Published on 5 April 1998

5.0 out of 5 stars Fascinating, excellent story!, 13 July 2000
This review is from: Griffin and Sabine Trilogy (Hardcover)
Well, what should I say, really? Maybe it is enough if I tell you that ever since I got this trilogy, I have been fascinated by it. I have read it again and again, and frankly: I don't think I will ever get bored with it. Nick Bantock's strenght and genious lays is this simple story, which he tells in a peculiar way, making it possible for a reader to "read other people's mails" - letters and postcards are in front of our very eyes, to explore and enjoy. Somebody said in his review, that he found the 2 more new books in this trilogy boring and repeating the same thing. I cannot agree. I think that all 3 parts are just wonderful, and "the end" was not disappointing to me. As I understood it being "a happy end" but in a peculiar way. A very romantic and touching story - I can recommend this trilogy, and I do that with all my heart.

5.0 out of 5 stars Beguiling. . ., 16 Feb. 2005
ILONACAT (WIRRAL, ENGLAND) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Griffin and Sabine Trilogy (Hardcover)
I received this trilogy a few days ago and am not disappointed. I love it : the handwritten postcards and letters, the typewritten letters, the artwork . . . AND being able to take letters out of real envelopes and be downright nosey without upsetting anyone !
The story, part romance, part mystery is totally absorbing. My only sadness is that the books are rather short-but then, that only makes them more tantalizing ! I've read the first two and will read the last one VERY SLOWLY, savouring each page.

4.0 out of 5 stars Great but........, 22 Feb. 1999
This review is from: Griffin and Sabine Trilogy (Hardcover)
I was so excited when reading the first 2 books. Page after page, never stopped. The empathy on these two soul-mates/lovers gave me a very warm feeling, and wonders of how it could happen in my life. But the third book turned me down with this total stranger coming between them and threatening their love. The ending just left me behind with a feeling of being cheated, and all of this loneliness. So, buy the first two, and DON'T get the third one. (or simply don't read the concluding book)

4.0 out of 5 stars Perfect for a night alone together..., 23 Feb. 1997
This review is from: Griffin and Sabine Trilogy (Hardcover)
Choose a cold winter's evening, light a fire in the fireplace,
pour yourselves a glass of wine and settle down for a night
of reading. Of course the story-line is delightful and the
illustrations are captivating, and there is always the naughty
pleasure of peering into someone else's personal world. But
to enjoy the trilogy even more, try snuggling up with your
love and take turns reading the letters out loud to each other.
Pull each of the letters from its envelope, linger over the
startling details of the artwork and immerse yourselves together
in this mystifying romance. What a lovely way to spend a
chilly evening!

5.0 out of 5 stars Absolutely beautiful..., 14 July 1998
This review is from: Griffin and Sabine Trilogy (Hardcover)
These books will restore your faith in beauty and the worthwhile-ness of reading for pleasure. Nothing more needs to be said.

5.0 out of 5 stars The Griffin & Sabine Trilogy is marvellous!, 21 May 2001
Rebecca Brown "rebeccasreads" (Clallam Bay, WA United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Griffin and Sabine Trilogy (Hardcover)
An intriguing exchange between a young artist living in London, England & a free spirit from another part of the world in the form of interactive books of letters in envelopes, pictures & postcards.
Griffin Moss is a postcard artist whose life is lived in images - letting his pictures speak the thousand words he'd rather not face. Imagine receiving a postcard from someone you have not met, someone who knows what you have just drawn in your collection.
Griffin, naturally, writes a polite postcard back to this new voice from half a world away & so begins a magical & mystical "getting to know you" replete with stamps & visions that leave you dizzy & thirsty for more.
In the three books, you learn more & more about Griffin & Sabine, their worlds, their strengths, their fears & their magic.
Nick Bannock completes The Griffin & Sabine Trilogy in his inimitable whimsical way, leaving our imaginations throbbing with vitality & possibility.
You will find no more fantastic a gift for letter-writing friends & lovers than this trilogy. I am impressed & madly in love with it all.

5.0 out of 5 stars Imaginative, rich and to be digested over a lifetime., 20 Jun. 1998
This review is from: Griffin and Sabine Trilogy (Hardcover)
Nick Bantock's acclaimed trilogy reaches deep inside the imagination to the place where fantasy can become reality. The reader is transported into the minds and hearts of two very real, mystical souls whose faith in love and the power of connection is strong enough to bring them together from opposite corners of the world. Mr. Bantock provides hope that such possibilities are more than pure speculation....

5.0 out of 5 stars Romantic, fun, fanciful and hopefully possible., 10 Aug. 1997
This review is from: Griffin and Sabine Trilogy (Hardcover)
If you are looking for a light, simple, fun
reading, look no further. Nick Bantock has done
what we all wish we could do, make a world worth
living in, a life worth living. Love is all
around especially in the minds and hearts of those
who really want it. Just seek, believe. That's
what I learned in Mr. Bantock's books without
hours of therapy and years of heartache.

5.0 out of 5 stars Fabulous multi-dimensional experience!, 23 Mar. 1998
This review is from: Griffin and Sabine Trilogy (Hardcover)
I thoroughly enjoyed the trilogy and shared it with several friends who went out and bought copies!!! This was a fabulous multi-dimensional experience. Engrossing, intriguing....and a little emotionally disturbing. It needs to be packaged with Todd Phillips' "Timeframe". The music fits and so do the song titles!

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect book gift for a boyfriend/girlfriend, 30 Jun. 1998
This review is from: Griffin and Sabine Trilogy (Hardcover)
I bought the "Griffin & Sabine" books for several girlfriends in the past couple of years which they absolutely loved. Perfect gift to describe your feelings about someone close to you.

Griffin and Sabine Trilogy
Griffin and Sabine Trilogy by N. Bantock (Hardcover - 17 Aug. 2000)
Used & New from: £29.49