Shop now Shop now Shop now Cloud Drive Photos Shop now Learn More Shop now Shop now  Up to 70% Off Fashion  Shop all Amazon Fashion Shop Fire Shop Kindle Shop now Shop now

on 29 January 2014
This is a book to rival the best of this kind (and that is saying a lot...)..
It is a short, very intense, first person story of the final battles of a specific Waffen SS formation (the story is based on an armored infantry reconnaissance company, and more specifically in a mortar platoon of that reconnaissance company).
It is a very partial vision of things, but that does not detract from the reading of the book, it gives it a time stamp and an appropriate flavor.
My only negative comment would be that it is a pity that the story does not start earlier in the war. I'm sure that, if that was the case, lots of other extremely interesting stories would have been present in the book, and it would have been even greater, and even more enjoyable.
on 7 June 2013
A very good read - enhanced my knowledge of this period. Always been intested in WW11 but of late have decided to investigate from a Axis perspective. This series of books are very good.
on 8 January 2015
Excellent
on 21 July 2014
A personal account from a young man from Sweden which shows us how much we don’t know and how much is not told, and how deceived we have been by the media and our own governments for the last 60 years.

So now we are slowly learning that those young men were fighting to defend the western civilization against the barbarians from the East, the Mongols, Genghis Khans’ descendents.
All accounts from that time pretty much paint the same picture. What was it that “they” (our leaders) gain by forcing us into ignorance? Why weren’t we told the truth? What was there to hide?

I order to get the big picture, I bought and read “The Chief Culprit”, and it is an eye opener, told by someone in “the business”, a senior Soviet spy who later defected to the West.

Now, there is a man brave enough, to put forth all the evil machinations, the hidden documents and facts that hold the truth, that so shamefully Western and Communist leaders have always tried to hide, and thus cover up the truth. It makes us wonder though, why is it that the EU is much alike the old Soviet Union, doesn’t it?
on 25 October 2014
Excellent - interesting reading!
on 13 August 2014
Fantastic book
on 14 April 2015
good read
on 25 February 2015
A decent read and a good insight into the thoughts and actions of someone fighting in the SS. Difficult to read in places especially as we now know about many of the well published atrocities committed by the SS.
on 8 December 2012
I bought this for my partner who loves this kind of read!
I don't understand why but there you are - he loved it!
on 24 December 2014
Well written book, but the book glorify SS and its actions. I have read a lot of books from WW2, but this book seems more fiction than a account of actual happenings. It is written by a man who says he have interviewed a former SS-member. So the book is not a first hand account and that gives the book a weaknees - especially when some of the storyes in the bok seems a little to unrealistic.