Format: PaperbackChange

on 24 November 2012
I have only recently discovered Neruda but he is a treasure!
His poetry transcends beauty and speaks of love almost immeasurable....perfect. I defy anyone to not be moved by this work.
This volume is bilingual, with the Spanish text on the left of each page and the English translation opposite.
It's also a small volume, perfect for carrying in a handbag, in order to experience romantic interludes during a busy day, on public transport!
Can you tell that I love it?!
on 5 February 2013
The Spanish translations are accurate and extremely helpful. Having them opposite the English poems is a really good lay out and the quality of the book itself was also highly commendable. Would certainly recommend. A fantastic romantic collection of love poems.
on 24 April 2013
beautiful little book, gorgeous poems. a really nice buy, so glad I bought it. would make a perfect present too
on 1 July 2015
I ordered several Neruda books, this is without doubt the most romantic and one of the best anthologies of his work.
Romantic, natural and erotic.
The book was smaller then I thought but in new quality and beautiful pink, with elegant gold design.
Would recommend this book as a great collection, or a brilliant romantic gift.
on 16 March 2015
I bought this as a gift, but had a flick through myself. It is presented well and laid out nicely, with English translations on the opposite page to the Spanish verses.
on 30 January 2015
bought as a present and recipient enjoyed it
on 18 March 2015
My first gift to my lover
on 11 October 2015
wonderful
on 22 May 2015
Lovely
0CommentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
This is a pocket sized book full of passion and romance written in English and Spanish (very handy if you're learning Spanish!) The poems are set out so that the Spanish poem is on the left hand page and the English translation is on the right hand page.

With beautiful lines such as "with your brow on my brow and your mouth on my mouth, our bodies tied by the love that consumes us" from the poem "Wind on the Island" and "the fire saw our naked kiss grow until it touched hidden stars, and it saw grief be born and die like a broken sword against invincible love" from the poem "Epithalamium" this book is wonderful!

I love poetry and Pablo Neruda is the best poet to read if you want love poems, I have 7 of his books and still want more! He is such an inspiration to me & he has inspired some of my work to become more sensual!

Review by Juliette Westbrook-Finch, author of The Poetry of Passion (for People with a Pulse)