‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Simply stunning, 18 Jan 2011
This review is from: Dogs: Gods (Hardcover)
Working with animals is one of the joys of life, you never know what you're going to get. Tim Flach once again sets the bar even higher with 'Dogs Gods', Tim manages to capture the true character of a dog personality whilst turning it into a work of art. Not since the likes of Sally Anne Thompson have I seen pictures of dogs caught in such a flattering way. This is a must buy for any dog lover.

5.0 out of 5 stars EVERYONE'S BEST FRIEND, 15 Nov 2010
Gail Cooke (TX, USA) - See all my reviews
(TOP 500 REVIEWER)
This review is from: Dogs: Gods (Hardcover)
As has been said every dog has his day but not until the insightful Tim Flach have dogs been captured in extraordinary photos capturing not only our best friends at rest, at work, and at play but also revealing the deep affection we have for them. As Blackwell writes, "There's a bond we have with the dog that goes beyond all other animals." How true!

Tim Flach's photography is a work of art with each photo bringing the viewer close to the subject. It's difficult to describe the intimacy one feels. A Pug with startling blue eyes and endearingly wrinkled face gazes directly into the eyes of the viewer. Impossible not to love him! A proud German Shepherd looks trustingly from the page, a reminder that this breed is often a police or search-and-rescue dog. A honey colored Labrador Retriever pup with his snub nose and silky floppy ears is titled "Say You Love Me." Of course, we do!

Precisely lit and thoughtfully cropped these photos are sheer beauty - a black Lab, Sadie, is shown with the prestigious Dickin Medal around her neck. The Medal was given for "conspicuous gallantry or devotion to duty" while working with the British armed forces. Sadie's ebony coat gleams with the luster of midnight. A Golden Retriever's love of water is expressed in succeeding photos as the happy dog shakes water from his russet coat.

"Information" at the back of the volume provides details about each dog photographed . DOGS is 216 pages of pure pleasure, a volume that will be enjoyed over and over again.

Highly recommended.

- Gail Cooke

5.0 out of 5 stars BREATHTAKINGLY STUNNING!!!, 19 Feb 2012
Carol 'avid little bookworm' (LEEDS, Yorkshire, United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
(TOP 1000 REVIEWER)
This review is from: Dogs: Gods (Hardcover)
I've been a dog lover all my life and have many dog books, of all varieties, but this has to rank as the most beautiful dog book I own.

As the book is expensive and doesn't have the "look inside option" I did rely to some extent on the other reviews, although the picture on the front dust cover is a work of art in itself.

I wasn't disappointed when it arrived I read it from cover to cover, text provided by Lewis Blackwell. This was interesting not too in depth and I think he's more a businessman than a doggy person so I've enjoyed it for what it is, a product of quality and sheer beauty. There are countless other books out there, written by experienced breeders, judges etcetera for specific breed or dog information, for me this is all about the pictures.

I'd highly recommend to dog and art lovers alike, it's truly unique. The book is large and from the moment you open it up it's truly stunning, the first two pages show just the fur back of a Rhodesian ridgeback, featuring the "ridge", the last two pages again show just the dogs back, the glorious wrinkles of the Shar-pei. Stunning two page shots of Afghan hound, frenchie, poodles back, Dalmatian pups, great danes, black fur, close up head and also a noise shot, beautiful eyes, dog shaking off water, extreme grooming, the stunning pug with the appearance of blue eyes mentioned by a previous reviewer along with the rare and extremely expensive Tibetan mastiff all breath taking.

It lives in my main bookcase in our lounge and comes out often. It is a work of art and I love it! Tim Flach's Equus (horses) is now on my wish list.

5.0 out of 5 stars We love this book!, 9 Jan 2013
This review is from: Dogs: Gods (Hardcover)
If you are a dog lover then you'll absolutely adore this book. My 7 year old daughter got it for Christmas and she spent an hour just looking at the pictures and howling with laughter! Great book, great price and prompt delivery!

5.0 out of 5 stars Gorgeous treat for your eyes., 15 Aug 2012
This review is from: Dogs: Gods (Hardcover)
I had been looking at this book for ages, and it has been a permanent fixture on my wish list for some time, that was until my amazing wife treated me to it as a birthday present this year. I have been a dog lover since I can remember, and also a lover of beautiful photography. Tim Flach has done an amazing job with this book. It makes an awesome coffee table book, and an even better supplier of those "aaaaw!" moments.
It's a huge sumptuous book that is full of beautiful photographs of gorgeous dogs. One stood out more than all the others, imagine my delight when I get to page 134 to find a descendent of my very own beautiful pooch!
An amazing book that will keep you and your dog loving guests amused for hours. (BTW, if your guests don't love dogs, why are you hanging out with them?)

5.0 out of 5 stars GET IT BY AMAZON, 22 Dec 2010
This review is from: Dogs: Gods (Hardcover)
The former review pretty much said it all, this book displays such stunning images of our so called best friends.
I did go myself to the exhibition in the Osborne Gallery, and they sold me the book for 25 pounds, I knew Amazon would also sell the book, but I was silly and agreed to get it there. So, do get it from here as you will save 10 pounds!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic book, 15 Oct 2011
This review is from: Dogs: Gods (Hardcover)
Bought this for a christmas present last year and it was very well received. It is not so much a book as a collection of fabulous dog pictures. A great gift for any dog lover.

5.0 out of 5 stars expensive but worth it, 27 Feb 2014
This review is from: Dogs: Gods (Hardcover)
What a beautiful book, the images are truly remarkable and capture the special bond we have with our four legged friends. It makes a wonderful gift for dog lovers.

5.0 out of 5 stars Beautiful, 1 Feb 2014
Mrs L Butterfield (Durham, Durham United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Dogs: Gods (Hardcover)
If your in love with dogs and also love photography this is the book for you. You will not tire of looking at these stunning images.

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing beautiful book., 18 Jan 2014
This review is from: Dogs: Gods (Hardcover)
If you love dogs and amazing photographs this is a great book. I gave this book to my daughter for Christmas and she loved it.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

Dogs: Gods
Dogs: Gods by Tim Flach (Hardcover - 1 Oct 2010)
20.40