Format: Hardcover|Change

Anderson doesn't have fans, he has disciples and I am one, albeit not utterly uncritical. This is the ideal present for the discerning Andersonite,a satisfyingly hefty tome designed with care and a beautiful object in itself. Understandably, it lacks 'The Grand Budapest Hotel', released after the book, but the lovely photographs and the chapters devoted to the other films are a treasure trove of charming images and give one an insight into the whimsical world of this signal auteur. He reminds me a little of the Coens in that the mise en scene has an often contrived quality - surely any auteur must? - but where they seem to have ingested something ever so slightly nasty, with Anderson there's always niceness at work. His puckish quality is always to the fore too, making his outings nicely unpredictable and invariably featuring at least one pair of characters in some way united against the world. Hugely entertaining book, glad to have it.
on 6 April 2014
Beautiful book from a talented director. This is a MUST for all Wes Andrson fans and its a shame the Budapest Hotel isnt included. But i guess we will have a nother edition released at some point
on 19 February 2014
This is the best book I have ever bought. And it is bigger than I expected. It is everything I could hope for. Actually, it would be cooler if it had things hidden inside and maybe it was in 3D but life isn't perfect.
on 28 January 2014
Thank you. Very pleased. An inspirational book, makes us want to watch all the movies again. A Christmas present for a delighted fan.
on 30 January 2014
The present was a succes, as the reciever is a great fan of Wes Anderson. Is more like a coffee table book. Relax and turn pages and remeber and get some information.
on 26 February 2014
High quality book. Large hardback. Glossy pictures.full of essays and interviews. A great gift for wes Anderson fans and film lovers
on 6 November 2013
This book is a must buy for any level of Wes Anderson fan. It's beautifully presented, full of facts, photos and words from the man himself. I was so excited when I saw it on here and it did not disappoint!
on 23 February 2014
I have only seen The Royal Tenenbaums, the Darjeeling Unlimited, Moonrise Kingdom, Fantastic Mr Fox, but I really adore the latter two and enjoy Wes Anderson's colourful aesthetic and love of the humour of family life and the adolescent. Given that, when this book arrived (which was between £10 and £15 when I bought it, best book bargain I've ever encountered!) I totally fell for it. The layout of the book is wonderful, and invites you to keep reading and admiring the wonderful images too. It explains how the film's were made (& probably more; I can't recall) and has just incredible illustrations, photos, and film stills. Design images too I think!

Great for any Wes Anderson fan!
on 28 April 2016
I think Matt Zoller had something in mind when he made this book, but I feel it falls short of the mark in it's final creation. There is a flatness to it that doesn't capture the framed reality of Wes Anderson's films. Yes, the content is great and there's loads of lovely stuff to discover, just the presentation could have been better.
on 24 January 2016
Love Wes Anderson, and this is a good depth into his life and work. Except for the prefaces and intros and stuff, the text is mainly an interview with Anderson rather than actual essay style description. Loads of great pictures and insights. Gave it to a friend and he loves it. Great coffee table book too!