• Equus

Format: Hardcover|Change

on 13 August 2015
No matter when I look through it I always find something that I had not seen before. Is the horse happy or sad? It depends totally how you pick up the mood at the time. It is a chocolate box of a book that you can enjoy over and over again.
on 30 August 2014
Bought as a present for a horse enthusiast. She has spent many hours appreciating all the beautiful pictures in this book. The photography is breathtaking. Would definitely recommend this high quality book.
on 11 July 2013
This would make a super addition to any coffee table, let alone to one belonging to a horse lover!! Superb photography, bought as a present for my brother's girlfriend who absolutely loves it!!
on 16 December 2013
If you are into horses or just really good photographs this is the book for you. Every aspect of the horse is covered here and the quality of printing is very good.
on 31 July 2013
Incredible photographic study of horses. Really allows you to appreciate these wonderful animals. Would recommend Tim Flach's Dogs/Gods as an accompanying treasure.
on 22 January 2013
What a beautiful book, I bought this illistration book for my daughter and she love it. the pictures are amazing.
on 14 November 2010
I have to apoligise for the previous review. This was my opinion as a none horsey type person. I purchased this for my Niece as a Cristmas present. She has a large stable and has 12 horses including Arabs. She and her Daughter absolutely loved the book and raved about it. I as a non horsey person obviously did not appreciate this book and my apologies to the author for my previous comments
on 15 April 2011
Beautifully bound book with high quality pages spoilt by many seemingly pointless plates.
Half the book comprises excellent photographs, the remaining half is worthless dross. No wonder the forests are at risk when a publisher can abuse the Planets resources with such a diabolical waste of paper.
Bigger is not always better. This publication would benefit by being half the size, assuming it retained the better plates.
on 14 March 2009
Tim Flach's intention was to carry on where Stubbs left off with the horse, and he has truly succeeded. He is a very good man as well as one of the best animal photographers in the world, and this book made my mother and my daughter, both a little horse mad, extremely happy. I have not heard my mum so enthusiastic about a book for years. It was the best present I have ever given her, she says. Though you don't have to be a horse fanatic to love this book. Photographers can learn much from his brilliant use of outdoor flash balanced with natural light, and his expressive use of framing and significant detail to inspire narrative in the viewer. He is not just another photographer, he is a true artist.
on 6 April 2009
This is a beautiful book. It is an appreciation of horses from a photographer's point of view, and by that I mean from an artistic angle rather than a straightforward documentary style, which makes it streets ahead of your usual picture book. His obsevations are meticulously presented, you can practically feel the horses and smell their breath. Tim Flach's attention to detail is second to none (anyone familiar with his other work will know this) right down to the paper it is printed on. I would recommend this fine book to anyone, whether they have an interest in horses or not.
Buy it.