VINE VOICEon 13 February 2007
I was given this book for Xmas 2005, spent the day happily buried in it, and have often looked at it since. The photos are just so varied in interest. As well as the stunning shots of the earth from the air which are often a colourful pattern of unexpected shapes, there are delightful and frequently revealing shots of animals and their owners; people in different professions; and my favourite, his time as a young photographer living in Kenya. The lion and elephant shots are breathtaking as are those of the Paris-Dakar race. When this book was published, apparently 60 million people had already visited the worldwide "Earth from Above" exhibitions.

I found some of the text and photographer's notes rather pretentious and tedious; perhaps for this reason I found the early photos and tales of his early days in Kenya the freshest and most genuine. I had to avoid looking at some of the vivisection and dissection pages but that in itself is a tribute to the realism and intensity of all the photos.
0CommentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoSending feedback...
Thank you for your feedback.
Sorry, we failed to record your vote. Please try again