5.0 out of 5 stars Great Fun!
"And next morning: Ding Dong! Penguin number 3."

Published on 18 Nov 2008 by Ms. KA Stones

3.0 out of 5 stars American content
Published 8 months ago by Seillean

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Fun!, 18 Nov 2008
Ms. KA Stones "Kate" (Denmark) - See all my reviews
This review is from: 365 Penguins: 1 (Hardcover)
"And next morning: Ding Dong! Penguin number 3."

My 6 year old son has autism & laughs until he cries everytime he reads this book. It is full of interesting mathematical calculations while the poor family try to solve the practical problems of storing all their new penguins in their home. The illustrations are brilliant. This book has become a firm favourite on our book shelf.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great way to learn about 'Time', 7 Feb 2011
R. Woodhouse (UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: 365 Penguins: 1 (Hardcover)
I first came across this book in my 6 years old son's reading session in class (year 2). Their class even has the penguin called 'Chill'. The children love Chill. What a fantastic way to introduce children with the concept of time: 31 Pengiuns came in Jan, then 28 pengiuns in Feb. 31 Pengiuns in March, 30 in April, etc. 365 pengiun - 1 day each! How many days in a year? Great fun, bright and attractive illustration, interesting sense of humour, up to date current affair related to 'Global warming'. I love it, high recommended!

5.0 out of 5 stars I'm not a kid, still I loved it, 28 Nov 2009
M. Ebrahim Aldhufair "Maisoon" (United Arab Emirates) - See all my reviews
This review is from: 365 Penguins: 1 (Hardcover)
Because of the love I have for penguins I got this book for myself, sadly I don't have any kid of my own.
The illustrations are really detailed, original and funny; I was giggling with every page.

3.0 out of 5 stars American content, 11 April 2014
This review is from: 365 Penguins: 1 (Hardcover)
Content is too American for the British market - spelling, vocabulary, weight in pounds, money in dollars. This is a shame because the book is well produced with a hard cover and heavy quality paper in a LARGE format. Story is original with a global warming message. Not as much number content as I expected and what there is is quite advanced eg 28 + 31, 4x15, 12x12, 6x6x6. I returned it.

4.0 out of 5 stars Up there with the best of them, 9 Dec 2007
This review is from: 365 Penguins: 1 (Hardcover)
I really liked this book because it's not only got a great dialogue and storyline with a cliff-hanging finish, but entertains whilst it teaches. There is quite a lot of number stuff as well that presents maths in a fun and real way to kids. Its modernist stance on penguin management should appeal to teachers and parents alike!

5.0 out of 5 stars Fun and Thoughtful, 4 Oct 2011
This review is from: 365 Penguins: 1 (Hardcover)
My Six year old son picked this up at the library. He reads well and this book was an instant hit, (although at first I thought it may be too young for him).

I was wrong.

The mix between the quirky story line, the mathematics involved and the bold illustrations has meant he has read this several times every day since, and chuckles at the eccentricity of it. It has a good humour and wry style and firm pace and the large size means you can almost literally dive into it.

Go on, take a dip with the penguins, you wont regret it!

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Book!, 17 Jan 2011
This review is from: 365 Penguins: 1 (Hardcover)
My son is 15 months old and this is one of his absolute favourite books. He showed an early interest in it (we bought it when he was a couple of months old) I think due to the bold black and white illustrations, and now it is the one which he reaches for at bedtime.

I'm impressed with the stunning illustrations and "different" storyline, also lots of opportunity to have fun which also keeps ME interested and this is one which I don't mind reading over and over again!

Def well worth the buy, and yes, it is a huge book but I think that just gives you more value for money!

4.0 out of 5 stars Beutifull artwork, 29 Jan 2009
A. Moore (UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: 365 Penguins: 1 (Hardcover)
A fun book - great for kids. Adults will appreciate the brilliant illustration. A cult classic.

5.0 out of 5 stars Gorgeous, 6 May 2014
This review is from: 365 Penguins: 1 (Hardcover)
Lovely book. Full of fun and maths without realising. Useful for three year olds or eleven year olds and anything between.

5.0 out of 5 stars Made a classroom full of children happy., 14 Jan 2014
This review is from: 365 Penguins: 1 (Hardcover)
Purchased for my Teacher fiancée, this book was a hit with her class! Also the book is quite large, at roughly A3 size I would say.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

365 Penguins: 1
365 Penguins: 1 by Jean-Luc Fromental (Hardcover - 6 Sep 2007)