5.0 out of 5 stars What a gem!
Published on 3 Jan 2010 by C. Hamill

3.0 out of 5 stars tires with repeated reads
My 3 year old loved this book initially and wanted to read it every night. the images are fabulous and reminsicent of Cath Kidston/ retro Liberty prints. They vary in difficulty and it was interesting to see which ones my daughter found hard to find compared with the ones I found difficult - there was quite a mismatch.
It works on the same principle as where's wally...
Published on 21 Oct 2010 by Lanoir

5.0 out of 5 stars What a gem!, 3 Jan 2010
C. Hamill (N. Ireland) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Spot It!: Find the Hidden Creatures (Hardcover)
This book was such an unexpected little gem. Its not your typical kids book, it has lovely graphic patterns rather than cartoon like pictures. The little creatures are very subtly hidden and its really fun trying to find them. For example, each little senario is spread over 2 pages (double page). On the left hand page it says "Find the owl who needs her glasses..." and then the right hand page contains the graphics.

My 22 month old finds it hard to find some of them, but I think the book is probably aimed at slightly older children. I could see children of varied ages really enjoying this book. My son absolutely loves looking at the colours and patterns and I must admit, so do I! The edges of the book are rounded which is something a bit different (and less likely to poke you in the eye)! I will definately buy more copies of this book to use as gifts. Just hope more people discover this lovely book and enjoy it as much as we do!!

5.0 out of 5 stars GOOD LOOKING BOOK, 11 Feb 2010
This review is from: Spot It!: Find the Hidden Creatures (Hardcover)
This is a stylish book, great for trendy,arty or design orientated parents. Each page is beautiful ans actually really hard to stop. Parents apreciate the design and kids enjoy it, 3 years up as quite a challenge to find. I bought 3 of these to give as gifts as couldn't part with the first one I bought!

3.0 out of 5 stars tires with repeated reads, 21 Oct 2010
This review is from: Spot It!: Find the Hidden Creatures (Hardcover)
It works on the same principle as where's wally but it is infintely more desirable!
Whilst we must have read this book 10-15 times, the novelty has worn off since we know where to look now and it means we turn the pages ever so quickly. It would make a great computer game if the images changed regularly.
Our favourite page is the last where you have to work out which creature is missing. We never rememeber so we spend time looking for all the creatures each time.

I recommend this book thoroughly but I have not scored it highly since, unlike many of my favourite children's books, this is not one to be read again and again since once you have found the creatures, they are easy to find again.

Perhaps I should put it away for a bit and get it out again in 6 months?

However, IT would be an investment buy for a school or a library.

4.0 out of 5 stars great book, 19 Dec 2011
This review is from: Spot It!: Find the Hidden Creatures (Hardcover)
Great book for toddlers who like to find things in the pictures. The sequel "Spot it again" is even better!

5.0 out of 5 stars Love this book!, 19 Dec 2013
This review is from: Spot It!: Find the Hidden Creatures (Hardcover)
My two year old can spot all the animals, she loves it, I particularly love the artsy feel of the book and the rounded corners, it has great paper too, a brilliant gift.

5.0 out of 5 stars Love it!, 26 Oct 2013
This review is from: Spot It!: Find the Hidden Creatures (Hardcover)
My daughter has both books and reads them all the time. She never gets bored with finding the animals and loves the mystery with each page.

5.0 out of 5 stars A different way fo see your child., 19 Jan 2013
This review is from: Spot It!: Find the Hidden Creatures (Hardcover)
Wasn't sure that my child will be able to handle this book as she just turned 2 years BUT it was no problem for her at all. The only animal that was a little bit harder and took her a second glance was the one on the first page. She was really curious and kept asking for 'another animal'...
I'm really surprised by her abilities and I thing that it's not necessery for a parent to wait for his/her child to grow bigger and then buy this book.

The secong book: 'Spot it again' seemed a bit harder to her, but as a parent I think you must get 'Spot it' in order to continue with 'Spot it again'. Kind of easy handling with the difficulty and the fun of the game :)

4.0 out of 5 stars Fun book, 26 Nov 2012
This review is from: Spot It!: Find the Hidden Creatures (Hardcover)
My 2yr old niece and i had fun looking for all the animals, and then turned it into a who could find them first. Lovly idea for a book. Beautiful illustrations too.

4.0 out of 5 stars Fun fun fun, 15 Jan 2012
D. Harrison "danosirra" (London, UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Spot It!: Find the Hidden Creatures (Hardcover)
Daughter loves this. At 4, she knew where everything was after the first time of reading the book, but she loves turning the page and finding the animal as quick as she can now.

5.0 out of 5 stars Just brilliant, 11 April 2011
This review is from: Spot It!: Find the Hidden Creatures (Hardcover)
I love design-led books and this doesn't fail to wow with it's simple style. My 20month daughter adores it (as do I)!

Spot It!: Find the Hidden Creatures
Spot It!: Find the Hidden Creatures by Delphine Chedru (Hardcover - 10 April 2009)