5.0 out of 5 stars A BOOK THAT CHANGES LIVES!
Published on 17 Aug. 1999

3.0 out of 5 stars Easy introduction to Bruce Lee
Published on 7 Aug. 2010 by Bud

3.0 out of 5 stars Easy introduction to Bruce Lee, 7 Aug. 2010
This review is from: The Warrior Within: The Philosophies of Bruce Lee (Paperback)
Fans of Bruce Lee will love this book,let's face it the man has a large and very loyal fan base very much like the Elvis of martial arts and Kung Fu films.As I understand it the man held a degree in philosophy,so it's little wonder that he borrowed,(or as one other reviewer puts it plagiarizes) ideas. It's fair to say that this is not a particularly academic piece of work,but so what?
To the reviewers who didn't like this book due to the violent aspects,I think you missed the point of what makes Bruce Lee so popular,which without putting to fine a point on it,was "he kicked ass!". All I can suggest to these people is,yeh you guessed it,"Be like water."
Peace

5.0 out of 5 stars A BOOK THAT CHANGES LIVES!, 17 Aug. 1999
By A Customer
I agree with another reader who called this book "The best philosophy book ever written!" I read this book and it changed my life. I had problems believing in myself, a poor understanding of those around me and of my place in the world. I've read other "self-help" books and even a few philosophy books, but most of them seem to deal with life as an abstract concept -- there was nothing in their writings that spoke to me as a human being and addressed the serious issues in my life. Bruce Lee's teachings have opened my eyes to an entirely new world -- or, at least, an entirely new way of looking at the world. I had always thought that Lee was just an actor or a fighter -- how wrong I was! Mr. Little has done both Bruce Lee and the world of a philosophy a huge favor by taking the time and effort to write this amazing and, quite literally, life-changing book. This is quite simply the best and most helpful book I have ever read. I can't recommend it highly enough.

5.0 out of 5 stars Highly recommended, 4 Feb. 2015
MrsKa (cheshire, uk) - See all my reviews
To say this book has changed my life may seem a little over the top but it really has.
His philosophy on all aspects of life are amazing and make so much sense that you see life and the world in a different light. I definitely recommend this book if your looking for some insight into your place in this existince.

5.0 out of 5 stars THE WHOLE HUMAN RACE CAN LEARN FROM THIS BOOK!!, 1 Dec. 2010
Sinan Beratli (UK) - See all my reviews
If you want to truly understand Bruce Lee then this is the book to read!! I feel that even scientists can appreciate the knowledge in this book. I feel that JKD is the way forward for man!! When we realize our selves and harmonise our selves only then will we be ready for the stars and beyond. To sum it up waht Bruce Lee wants is for every individual to realize THIER potential.

Man throughout the centrys are known to adapt, to adapt one must create, only then is true individuality realesed.

I also recomend the striking thoughts and artist of life!

5.0 out of 5 stars Bruce Lee, 5 Oct. 2013
This is an interesting read. I'm sure Bruce Lee fans will love it, and many Thinkers would enjoy some points of view too. Many thanks for prompt dispatch

5.0 out of 5 stars Buy this book!, 18 Jun. 2002
By A Customer
I know I am just one happy reader, but out of the 5 books i have read that were concerning Master Bruce Lee this is by far the most enjoyable and inspiring. I am at the moment a brown-white belt in Shotokan Katate and am at the moment interested in the spiritual insight into martial arts. This book is a great guide and WILL improve the understanding of any martial artist. Anyone who is interested in Bruce Lee will definately enjoy this book!

5.0 out of 5 stars Inspiring Read, 9 Jun. 2014
I love Bruce Lee and this book is a fantastic read, i highly recommend this to anyone considering purchasing it :)

5.0 out of 5 stars Bought as gift, arrived on time, well wrapped ..., 14 Dec. 2014
Bought as gift,arrived on time,well wrapped,worth the money,looked through book myself,found it very interesting

5.0 out of 5 stars a must for bruce lee fans, 21 Jan. 2013
This book was truely inspirational, i was looking for a book for the back ground of jeet kune do , it was really a interesting read, and a book that helped to understand the meanings of jeet kune do. i would highly recommend

4.0 out of 5 stars An excellent means to learn about Bruce Lee's philosophy, 15 Jan. 1998
By A Customer
Coming from a background that includes a long-term interest in martial arts, Bruce Lee and philosophy, I had a hunch that a book that combined all these interests would be good value.
I was not disappointed :)
John Little has written a book that is easy to get involved in and helps the reader to understand the differences between Eastern and Western approaches to living a satisfying life. By using smallish sections within each chapter, he has created a book that is easy to pick up and read for a short time and yet still learn a lot.
I particularly enjoyed discovering the contrasts between Bruce Lee's views and those expressed in the classic texts of Chinese philosophy, such as the Tao Te Ching and the writings of Chuang Tzu.
In short, a most accessible and enlightening book about Bruce Lee's "way of no way".

The Warrior Within: The Philosophies of Bruce Lee
The Warrior Within: The Philosophies of Bruce Lee by John R. Little (Paperback - 1 May 1996)