5.0 out of 5 stars The Collected Wisdom of the World's Greatest Coach
"If you sincerely try to do your best to make each day a masterpiece, angels can do no better."
John Wooden is one of my favourite coaches of all time, and while his claim to fame is as the most successful college basketball coach of all time, what first intrigued me about him was that he never mentioned winning to his players.
This book is the most...
Published on 15 May 2001 by Michael Neill

3.0 out of 5 stars Well meaning but a bit dull
I suppose John Wooden is the Alex Ferguson of basketball, but Alex Ferguson has yet to write books about his training techniques (as far as I know).

Published on 20 Oct. 2012 by William Cohen

5.0 out of 5 stars The Collected Wisdom of the World's Greatest Coach, 15 May 2001
Michael Neill (Los Angeles, CA USA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Wooden: A Lifetime of Observations and Reflections On and Off the Court (Hardcover)
This book is the most comprehensive collection of his philosophy of coaching and life I have yet come across, and its easy to browse aphoristic style gives it permanant pride of place on my bedside table.

5.0 out of 5 stars An inspiration, 28 Mar. 2011
Alan Brighton "Alan Brighton, Business coach" (Tilbrook, Cambridgeshire) - See all my reviews
His truly unrivalled results give him great credibility, underpinning the wonderful and inspiring, simple and straightforward lessons he applied and taught in sport and life. It's a guide full of great principles, given with the clarity that comes from great confidence and amazing humility. One of my heroes.

5.0 out of 5 stars Very inspirational, 31 Jan. 2014
This man knows about life. And he knows how to tell people in words about life. It's an eternal teacher and inspirational source. For every part of life, even if you're not into basketball or sports at all, it teaches you and clears your mind. Recommended.

5.0 out of 5 stars This a great book. One of my Favourites, 9 Nov. 2014
This a great book. One of my Favourites. Great Wisdom and Advice from a Very Successful Coach and a Great Man. I regularly look at quotes from this book and they always give me a lift and send me in a good direction. Highly recommend.

4.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant!, 13 Jan. 2013
Wooden presents short sharp lessons about his coaching and leading methods that made him the greatest college basketball coach in US history. Based on his Pyramid of Success Wooden shares nugget after nugget after nugget of his philosophy. Wooden presents wisdom on how to coach, lead, father and mentor people. Great book and if you are a coach or in business this is a must read book.

3.0 out of 5 stars Well meaning but a bit dull, 20 Oct. 2012
William Cohen (London) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)

There are some very valuable insights and ideas but they are repeated over and over. There's not an ounce of cynicism in Mr Wooden's bones, but he made me long for some. Still, I'll take one or two of his maxims to heart.

5.0 out of 5 stars The Cornerstone book, 23 Oct. 2001
By A Customer
This book has had a fundamental impact on my life - it is tougher to implement than to read. I would recommend that anybody who hears about it buys it: This is the single most important book to me and the one I would take to an island. I have given it out as a present to many people. Not only is it unique content but the style and delivery is superb and it makes for a very relaxing and entertaining read.

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant coach humble man, 26 Aug. 2013
The simplicity of John Wooden's ways and methods are inspiring. He keeps reminding us about the basics and fundamentals. Not over complicating things and focusing on what matters most.

3.0 out of 5 stars It's ok, 4 April 2013
This book is written in a simple and easy to digest format. Another one in my library that I find myself referring to every now and again.

5.0 out of 5 stars The most Inspiring & Motivating book ever written!, 16 Mar. 1999
By A Customer
Coach Wooden is such a great example for children & adults! I truly believe his sole purpose in life was to be a teacher and show people how to live a humble, decent, peaceful life!

Wooden: A Lifetime of Observations and Reflections On and Off the Court