5.0 out of 5 stars 'Coach Yourself' - and I did and it worked..
Published on 19 Jan 2003

3.0 out of 5 stars coach yourself to success
I found the book a little hard going in places ( not exactly the book i couldn't put down ) like some other books i have read ,but on the whole its a fairly good book and a lot of what the author says makes sense.this of course is just my opinion and everyone should find out for themselves.
Published on 19 Aug 2012 by lishy

5.0 out of 5 stars 'Coach Yourself' - and I did and it worked.., 19 Jan 2003
By A Customer
This review is from: Coach Yourself to Success: 101 Tips from a Personal Coach for Reaching Your Goals at Work and in Life (Paperback)
An easy to digest, genuinely productive book for those interested in changing their lives. One has the feeling the author is really rooting for the reader to go out there and be all they can be. Talane Miedaner speaks in a light, yet inspiringly encouraging manner offering useful tips, insights and strategies to make valuable life changes. As she substantiates her tips with her real life client examples the reader is encouraged and naturally drawn to trying these out for themself - I did and they work! I found the book can be effortlessly dipped in and out of. This in itself makes it all the more powerful and useful as a tool for enabling sustainable personal growth. As a major plus point the authors mischevious sense of humour shines through encouraging the reader to not take themself to seriously.

5.0 out of 5 stars excellent helf-help reading material, 25 Nov 2012
I have read several similar books but none has encouraged me to better myself in such an optimistic way. Talane incorporates her advice into our everyday habits and makes permanent change sound like a piece of cake. She digs deeper and shows us how "innocent everyday habits" may in fact be rather catastrophic when performed repeatedly and without thought. Her solutions are effective and easy to follow which makes this book even more attractive. You will consult this book many a time after the initial read.

5.0 out of 5 stars This book has made one of the biggest impacts in my life, 21 Nov 2012
I have only read a couple of self-help books, but after reading this one, I feel I don't need to read any others. I read it quite a few years ago and still go back to it sometimes. I love how Talane offers loads of really sensible, down-to-earth tips to improve your life in all areas. I have adopted many of them as habits now and so far I have reached most of my goals in life. Besides, the writing style makes it very easy to read, and Talane's own experience helps to understand and give more credibility to the stuff. I've recommended it to many friends and family so I also recommend it to you! Enjoy!

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent book - really delivers, 21 Sep 2012
Seems like a tall order for a book to coach anyone to anything, however I have to say that this is a little gem of a book. I have enjoyed many of the tips, most of which I've started to put into action. It's certainly not a quick-read though, as it demands both thinking and action time. 10 out of 10 for effectiveness.

4.0 out of 5 stars Coaching yourself...not an easy task, 15 Sep 2012
Lorraine (Sheffield, United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
An interesting read with lots of practical activities to maximise positive energy and effect changes in life and work. At some points the advice seemed to be conflicting, set goals...throw away your goals, which left me a little confused, but taking these points in context, things started to make sense.
I picked up a lot of tips for coaching others with the practical elements backed up by limited but poignant theoretical aspects.
There is a plethora of self help books out there and this one just looks like any other but it's a book I would highly recommend.
Interesting, insightful and informative but as Talone points out, it's no good just reading it - you must implement the activities for it to be effective.

4.0 out of 5 stars This was recommended to me by a friend, 21 Oct 2010
This book was recommended to me by a friend who had also bought it on personal recommendation.
I haven't finished it yet but it's very readable and practical and I'm enjoying it. Each section is a short chapter that identifies issues and emotions that affect us all and explains how to approach them or view them differently if you feel stuck or held back. Very thought provoking and easy to relate to - I would recommend to anyone who enjoys motivational books.

5.0 out of 5 stars straight talking, to the point, intuitive with just a hint of humour, 5 Aug 2010
A truly inspirational book and a very useful tool for anyone looking to completely change or just alter their professional lives.

Using a series of tests & examples she manages to guide us through the process of self-analysis and discovery. She encourages us to ask ourselves poignant questions about our lives or personalities and then offers tips, and strategies to improve our lot and achieve our goals. To just stand back and take a long hard look at our lives should be so easy but in reality it takes a person with Talane's skills & insight to gently guide us through the process and see our lives clearly.

"Coach yourself to a new career" is never stuffy or overly highbrow but straight talking, to the point, intuitive with just a hint of humour. The message is it's all about what you want to be/achieve and by thinking outside of the box it is possible to change your life.

I will definitely be recommending this to other people in my life it's brilliant.

5.0 out of 5 stars Inspirational, 12 Dec 2013
RocKEN (London, UK) - See all my reviews
Great read and it's always nice to go back to it for a quick read. inspiring and motivational are the two main words that come to mind.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent, 11 Feb 2013
Excellent inspiring book, easy and fun to read with sensible advice that can easily to be applied to anyones lifestyle. presented in small manageable sections making incorporating small changes into daily life a possibility for everyone.

5.0 out of 5 stars Lovely book to dip in and out of, 21 Sep 2012
What a lovely book to just dip in and out of. It's like having your own personal life coach on tap. I've read it from cover to cover, and now I like to just dip into for occasional inspiration and advice. It never fails to come up with the goods.