5.0 out of 5 stars Easy to read depth guide; transforming many kinds of fears, 3 Aug 1999
This review is from: When Love Meets Fear (Paperback)
Finding this book when I did was the perfect psychological/spiritual prescription for helping to heal, not only some old fears, but also some new surprise anxiety panics. It helped turn my fears into calm emotions of self-knowing and self-acceptance. I sleep better at night since having read this book.

5.0 out of 5 stars A marvelous descent into The Void, 31 Oct 2010
This review is from: When Love Meets Fear (Paperback)
David Richo is one of my most favorite authors in the field of psychology & spirituality. His attitude towards life is deeply soaked in mystic wisdoms, ancient insights and contemporary knowledge.

In most of his works Richo subtly combines Buddhism and the wisdom tradition within Christianity with his thoughts and experiences as a practicing psychologist. Yet, never does he push any agenda, apart from offering his readers the tools to find their own ways out of issues, themes or problems that might have arisen in their lives.

This book, 'When love meets fear', is for me one of hist best. I must admit though, that the first time I read it, it somehow fell of me like water off a duck's back. somehow it ddn't resonate, and I couldn't get what he was trying to say.

Then, some years later, I read it again. And it hit home, hard. Maybe I had grown mature enough to see what he was trying to say; maybe it was because I found myself in a deep-dark place when I read it. Especially the third chapter, about the 'void' which is depression at its worst, struck a chord in me. The way in which Richo made connections to the lessons of Buddhism and mysticism about 'emptiness' and 'the void' allowed me to see the first glimpses of light in which was a hectically dark time.

For the first time in my life was I able to see my own 'descent into darkness' not as something 'absurd' or 'pathetic', but as a process through which every conscious adult will have to step to actually transform into a mature personality.

The second part of his book, with practical advise, made not much of an impression on me. Yet, the offering of 'the void' and the way in which Richo describes it make this book one of the most seriously abused books I have in my library.

5.0 out of 5 stars Another Richo winner for me - right on the mark., 30 Jun 1999
This review is from: When Love Meets Fear (Paperback)
This is the second Richo book I have read ("How to Be an Adult" the first) and thought I could not feel so rewarded again. I was. It's another of his books to read and reread.

5.0 out of 5 stars A powerful book offering deep insight into living fearlessly, 7 Aug 1999
This review is from: When Love Meets Fear (Paperback)
This book has been incredibly helpful on my journey of self discovery. Like Richo's earlier book, How to Be an Adult, this is an intelligent, well-written, and fascinating exploration of deep psychological processes. This is a book I pick up and refer to over and over again. I love the quotes peppered thoughout. Finally, a self-help book that really helps!

5.0 out of 5 stars Great book, 19 Mar 2013
This review is from: When Love Meets Fear (Paperback)
Enjoy this guys books. Easy to read and lots of practical ideas about addressing issues which I think folk need at times. Came soon after order placed.

ARRAY(0xa35252d0)

When Love Meets Fear
When Love Meets Fear by David Richo (Paperback - April 1997)
13.50