5.0 out of 5 stars If only school books were like this..., 15 May 2012
N. Grant "Geek extraordinaire" (Nairobi, Kenya) - See all my reviews
This review is from: The Cartoon Introduction to Economics: Microeconomics v. 1 (Paperback)
Perhaps my love of comics and general geeky nature helped, but I found this book hilarious, well-written and well-drawn.

I'm an Economics beginner, and still understood enough to titter, giggle and laugh my way through it. The book doesn't follow the standard path of learning microeconomics, and is all the better for it. There are also some great tips on how to win a Nobel prize...

I've ordered the Macroeconomics follow up for a second helping.

4.0 out of 5 stars Fun Micro, 7 Oct 2010
C. R. Palma (Portugal) - See all my reviews
The cartoon introduction to Microeconomics is probably meant for people who have already studied some microeconomics and who can relate to what is being said (and drawn!).
The way chapters are organized is an interesting departure from most textbooks (which invariably start with the market and then go back to the optimizing individual and back to the market again), and there are lots of good points on less traditional stuff such as game theory and auctions (I would suggest perhaps adding a chapter on behavioral economics, it would definitely be a lot of fun).
I especially enjoyed the cameos by the Nobel-prize winners.

5.0 out of 5 stars Clear quality overview, 17 Feb 2014
A simple, but clear and high quality overview of microeconomics. Easy to read and fun to follow along, worth a buy if you need to revise the basics or want some understanding of the topic.

5.0 out of 5 stars That's a great book for microeconomics, 27 Aug 2013
I really enjoy reading it and find it very useful in preparing lectures for my introductory course in micro. I can recommend it to students and lecturers and anyone who is interested to know how the economy works.

5.0 out of 5 stars Fun!, 3 Mar 2013
M. Ajrullah "ajrullah" (london,UK) - See all my reviews
A brilliant introduction, or easy-to-read summary of microeconomics. I'm a teacher and use exercepts of it in lessons, the students really seem to enjoy and understand it. I read it from cover to cover when I first got it, its definitely good fun.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great for people of any level of understanding, 1 Oct 2012
I'm a university student studying economics but I find this book great to go back over the fundamentals of things. I'd recommend it for anyone just starting to study economics at it explains everything in such an easy to understand way. Great Book

The Cartoon Introduction to Economics: Microeconomics v. 1
The Cartoon Introduction to Economics: Microeconomics v. 1 by Yoram Bauman (Paperback - 1 July 2014)
10.50