5.0 out of 5 stars harold's trip to the sky
Our grandson loves these Harold stories. We were first introduced to Harold in a Scholastic DVD. He loved the book too. They are imaginatively described & drawn.
Published 23 months ago by Pat45

2.0 out of 5 stars I don't think this is really by Crockett Johnson
We *love* Crockett Johnson's books, and they're a great way to encourage a learning reader. My learning reader is a boy, fascinated by space and rockets and stars etc. so I was really excited to find this book.

Published 13 months ago by Anna

5.0 out of 5 stars harold's trip to the sky, 8 Aug 2012
Pat45 "Pats" (London United Kingdom) - See all my reviews

2.0 out of 5 stars I don't think this is really by Crockett Johnson, 22 Jun 2013

The pictures are still cute and funny but the words are very different from the other books we've had (Harold and the Purple Crayon, Harold's Fairy Tale). Sometimes the word choices surprised me -- it talked about being "on" a desert (which may be perfectly normal but I hadn't heard before) and the beginning is: "One night, Harold got up, made sure there was a moon so he wouldn't see things in the dark...", which I had to read a couple of times to understand.

So I assumed C.J. had been having an off-day when he wrote this but subsequently I heard from a friend that he did not write all the Harold stories, and that makes a lot of sense.

The other Harold books we read have been *lovely* -- this one was a disappointment.

Harold's Trip to the Sky
Harold's Trip to the Sky by Crockett Johnson (School & Library Binding - Oct 1999)
10.18