Format: Paperback|Change

on 8 January 1999
I am an ordained minsiter of the Gospel, who is gay. This book is superbly written and researched. It was a great help for my acceptance process. A must have for minsiters who work with the gay community. God Bless John J. McNeill.
on 10 September 2015
An excellent counter to the twists and turns of religious bigots. If you're in a position of authority and you are anti gay, if you don't read, with an open a mind as you can, the "defence", i.e., a scholarly work that had for two years the Catholic Church's Imprimi Potest and offers a counter view, with evidence, then you are a true bigot. God says we're not perfect. To not allow questioning of any of my or your beliefs, is putting yourself in a position of you knowing the absolute truth. That's disgusting, didn't God give you an intelligence and a conscience, not to just accept what , mostly, men have written about God as absolute truth but to question and seek the truth, with the humility to acknowledge that you could just be mistaken?? The newish International Bible even deliberately substitutes words to make its thoroughly dishonest views more palatable and convincing (see my review) I really detest prejudice, especially mini Gods and mini Hitlers, both similar in the damage they do. Pro or anti gay, it's not an easy book to read, but please seriously consider reading it.