on 14 August 1999
I've always been interested in lateral thinking, so when I picked up this book, I was looking forward to something that would really get my brain exercised. And this book did it. For anyone into lateral thinking, this is a great book. It contains some classic puzzles and some outstanding original work.
on 11 September 2011
Some old, most new, some are not quite logical, some are fascinating facts, and lots just really clever. There are three sections - the questions, the clues and the answers. The clues are good as it gives you help with thinking them through, giving you more of a chance to work it out. I'm enjoying them on my own, but could be a group game - in the right company.
on 6 August 2009
Part of the cover blurb states 'and will groan when the "obvious answer" is revealed' - I groaned! Some of the solutions are ridiculous. However, there are a small number of clever puzzles within the book.
on 21 May 2014
I love Paul Sloane puzzle books - they have really helped me with my creativity!

In fact its made me write my own lateral puzzles [...]
on 28 December 2014
Did not like the format of the questions. Disappointed
on 25 July 2005
This is a great book for a quick drink after work with a bunch of colleagues. The puzzles range from quite easy (still rewarding if you "get " them) to really difficult and impossible to answer without Q&A. Don't look too pleased with yourself when you read out the puzzles.
on 23 October 2014