5.0 out of 5 stars Finally Yoga for real people
I hate those pretzel things that I think they use CGI to make. Worse is learning some ancient philosophy when all you want to do is yog.

Published on 28 Sept. 2010 by bernie

3.0 out of 5 stars not quite what I was looking for
Published on 26 Aug. 2006 by Ms. C. Driver

5.0 out of 5 stars Finally Yoga for real people, 28 Sept. 2010
bernie "xyzzy" (Arlington, Texas) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)
This review is from: Yoga for Wimps: Poses for the Flexibly Impaired (Paperback)

This book is a great starting (and finishing) point. I am not sure I like to use chairs and ties. The next book should use beds. However, you work with what you have. This oversized book has plenty of straightforward pictures, next best thing to video. For people that are not specially orientated that is a description of what you are looking at.

My question is what is in the cup of the guy on the cover?

All kidding aside this can get addictive. So be prepared to cut out some time in your day.

3.0 out of 5 stars not quite what I was looking for, 26 Aug. 2006
Ms. C. Driver (Peterborough, England) - See all my reviews
In some ways this is a great book, the pictures are clear, the models aren't supermodels, and it's brief in its descriptions. But, without a teacher to watch over me, I would have appreciated some information on what to look out for in terms of aches and pains meaning dangerous problems. When I did yoga many years ago, with a teacher, she said, muscle pain was ok, joint pain was not, and there is no mention of this in this book, nor any warning signs to look out for for poses to avoid or be wary of for certain conditions or situations. It acts as if it is impossible to hurt yourself with yoga, which is not true, especially if you are doing it without a proper teacher. It just says, 'don't over do it', which is about as helpful as that phrase,(not used in here) 'consult your Dr. first'(face it, whoever really did that?)

Yoga for Wimps: Poses for the Flexibly Impaired
Yoga for Wimps: Poses for the Flexibly Impaired by Sasha Fenton (Paperback - 12 Dec. 1999)
Used & New from: £0.01