4.0 out of 5 stars A good selection of Aromatherapy formulas

3.0 out of 5 stars full of recipes, but
Published on 19 Mar 2011 by Ms. T. J. Wilde

4.0 out of 5 stars A good selection of Aromatherapy formulas, 21 Oct 2001
By A Customer
This review is from: 500 Formulas for Aromatherapy: Mixing Essential Oils for Every Use (Paperback)
A simple, very useable book and I like the formulas I've tried so far. However, beware of the "Synopsis" given for this book as some of the information given is incorrect. The book doesn't cover bath gels or shampoos as mentioned in the synopsis (one of the reasons I bought it in the first place). It contains combinations of essential oils, mixed with a carrier oil or water. Taken as that (which I'm sure is what the authors intended)I think it is very useful.

4.0 out of 5 stars 500 Formulas for Aromatherapy, 30 Jun 2002
By A Customer
A good book to inspire the design of aromatherapy remedies. Very clear and easy to use with a vast number of blends and good clear instruction for the use and preparation. A book I would not be without.

3.0 out of 5 stars full of recipes, but, 19 Mar 2011
This is chock full of recipes, and interesting ways of mixing. I'm am just concerned that the quantities of oil to carrier far exceed the quantities recommended in all other books I've read (about 5 now). Have tried some of the room sprays and these work, but would probably scale down the quantities a bit in the other recipes, especially those going onto skin. However I'm glad I got it, it is a valuable addition in terms of recipe ideas alone.

5.0 out of 5 stars 500 Formulas for Aromatherapy, 15 April 2009
D. Hood (UK) - See all my reviews
I was really pleased with this book, it is easy to read, comprehensive and suitable for all levels of Aromatherapist who wish to produce their own products.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent book, 15 Dec 2010
A. Parker - See all my reviews
Very clear & informative. I'm not a professional but enjoy using aromatherapy in my daily life & this book is a great guide on how to (safely) use essential oils.

4.0 out of 5 stars Basic & clear to understand, 6 Feb 2002
By A Customer
This book contains a lot of information on how you can use essential oils in your every day life/around the home. It is clear to understand and there is more than one option on each product

1.0 out of 5 stars Disappointed, 24 Aug 2013
As a trained Aromatherapist I was looking for some inspiration for room fragrances etc. I found too many essential oils were used in each recipe. The ones I tried didn't blend well for fragrance.

5.0 out of 5 stars Essential oil, 7 Jan 2014
I am happy with my book it easy to understand I will recommend friends and family that it good value

4.0 out of 5 stars aromatherapy book, 29 Nov 2013
very good useful book plenty of good ideas would recommend to friends plenty of information was bought for present very happy with the book

5.0 out of 5 stars The most used recipe book I have so far, a good book to have, 9 Feb 1999
By A Customer
I have had excellent results with the recipes in this book. It is a must for aromatherapy students and practioners of whatever level. I thoroughly recommend it!

ARRAY(0xa54f74e0)

500 Formulas for Aromatherapy: Mixing Essential Oils for Every Use
500 Formulas for Aromatherapy: Mixing Essential Oils for Every Use by David Schiller (Paperback - 7 July 1994)
6.99