Format: Paperback|Change

on 24 May 2013
I have read a few books that promise to expose the secret of the elusive French woman and enlighten us poor non-French souls, but I often feel they are writing about a different kind of French woman than the ones I see on a day to day basis in rural France. Because of this it would be fair to say that this subject interests me, but I am sceptical, especially as I know French women do get fat, just like the rest of us! However, this book was different. Jamie takes us with her on a journey through France where she meets and chats to some fantastic French women and picks up tips and advice on the way. As well as the chic Parisiennes we also meet French women from the provinces and while they all had something different to say on the subject of feeling beautiful, together they gave a real insight into what makes a French woman. I liked the personal feel of this book as Jamie really shared her travels and adventures with us, even when things didn't quite go to plan.

Thanks for a really thought provoking book Jamie, we are often searching for `something' in life, but this book showed me you don't always find it where you are expecting to. We have lived in France for nearly nine years and if I'm honest the longer I'm here the more I feel I will never be one of them. However this book made me realise that just through the simple things I love about my life in France and how being here has changed me, I had already found my `Ooh La La'. Maybe I am more French than I first thought, although I may need to rethink my lingerie collection to be really accepted.

I was sent a copy of this book by the author.
on 26 December 2013
You won't find the 10 ways to beauty- but rather a lovely account of what beauty is regarded in France and how woman embrace their beauty. The book took me to France and to the lives of the woman, what a lovely description. The description of so honest and real, that makes you lift up with some new guidelines on how to look beautiful but in your own skin. Thank you for such a great work, in case if you read the comments. It saved my lonely Boxing Day :)
on 13 July 2013
The best of her books ! I will read it again. French or not French it made me happy to be a woman !
on 11 February 2014
another one for charity shop,ok book ,a lot of air and froth but i thought not a lot of substance.a little french flair but i did not find this book as good as many reviews.
on 23 June 2013
this book is fun to read, I had to put it away so I didn't read it all in one go. Not meant to change everything about about you but to help you see what you already have.
on 25 April 2015
I found this an enjoyable reading, with good beauty and style tips, as well as interesting information on the French women's views on femininity. I liked that it was written by a woman of a certain a age, but sound young and refreshing.
on 3 July 2014
I found myself skipping large sections of this book as it was mostly a list of products. The first few chapters seemed to be lists of people but unless you know who these people are it doesn't help to illustrate the authors points.
on 7 November 2013
As I am a French fanatic, I lapped up every word of this book. Would recommend it to any woman who strives to be chic like a the french women.
on 6 January 2016
Lovely book to read and dip into
on 18 January 2016