5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent Book!, 21 Jun. 1998
By A Customer
This review is from: Polish Roots (Paperback)
Polish Roots is exactly the book I have needed while researching my Polish ancestry. Rosemarie Chorzempa explains family history research for Polish descendants, with emphasis on Polish family, Polish history, and Polish research, both in North America and Europe. She clearly and concisely answered the questions I've encountered, explaining why my Polish grandparents' papers said they came from Germany/Prussia/Borussia (there was no "Poland" in the nineteenth century!), Polish customs and names (with English translations), and where and how to go for more information, in civil, church, and historical records. If you are interested in learning more about your Polish ancestry, buy this book!

5.0 out of 5 stars This book travels with me to SLC and Poland., 29 Jan. 1998
By A Customer
This review is from: Polish Roots (Paperback)
Good introduction to genealogy in general, the LDS collections, North American sources, Polish sources, and other relevant European sources. Good attention to non-Polish ethnic groups of Poland and their churches. I find the book so useful that it has travelled with me to Salt Lake City and Poland.

4.0 out of 5 stars finding my family, 5 Jun. 2009
Mrs. Sonia D. Hosking (England) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Polish Roots (Paperback)
I have been tracing my polish roots for a few years, when someone recommended this book, and very helpful it was, there was masses of info and addresses, it certainly helped me on my way.

Polish Roots
Polish Roots by Rosemary A. Chorzempa (Paperback - 28 July 2009)
Not in stock; order now and we'll deliver when available