5.0 out of 5 stars Interest
The book is very useful for those interested in SEM. I have used it heavly to understand concepts that i could not understand in other books. It actually saved my time and minimised my sufferring. Good reference for those interested in the filed.
Published on 17 May 2010 by Nisrein Shabsogh

1.0 out of 5 stars I don't recommend it
Published on 28 Jun. 2011 by Zahy

1.0 out of 5 stars I don't recommend it, 28 Jun. 2011
This review is from: Structural Equation Modeling With AMOS: Basic Concepts, Applications, and Programming, Second Edition (Multivariate Applications Series) (Paperback)
I'm a Doctoral student and wanted to go through SEM mainly through using the AMOS program. I bought this book to mainly help get my data through AMOS and read through the analysis. Unfortunately this book is badly written compared to many other statistics books I've went through. After reading this book I decided to use LISREL instead. I recommend the book by Diamantopoulos and Siguaw - Introducing LISREL which is a very good book on using SEM through LISREL.

1.0 out of 5 stars Utterly useless book!, 24 Jun. 2013
Charles O. (St Andrews, UK) - See all my reviews
Needed to do some model building in my thesis and figured SEM would be appropriate. Already have a fair knowledge of stats using SPSS. This book was prescribed by a lecturer and I thought it might get me going on my data analysis. Turned out to be a big disappointment. The information contained in it is very difficult to follow and is really quite opaque to anyone without a deep understanding of statistical concepts. Struggled with it for a few days before tossing it to the back of the bookcase where it will spend the rest of its days. I do not recommend it at all.

5.0 out of 5 stars Interest, 17 May 2010

5.0 out of 5 stars Getting your data analsis actually going, 29 Jan. 2010
H. A. Adams (UK) - See all my reviews
This book was very kindly recommended to me by Professor Joe Hair (see his fantastic book on Multivariate Analysis) so is is highly endorsed. I have not finished it by a long way, but only after three chapters my knowledge about structural equation modelling and the use of AMOS has increased severalfold. The way it takes you through the process, intertwining method theory with practical guidance is incredibly useful. I can see that it will save me a great deal of time and angst and help me to do a half decent write up once I get my data analysed.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent book to work with AMOS, 19 Aug. 2010
Jia (MANCHESTER, United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
In a nutshell, this is an excellent book to teach yourself to do SEM in AMOS.

The book is illustrated in AMOS 17. I have not seen any significant differences between AMOS 17 and AMOS 16, which is the program I am using at the moment. So it's quite a relief to me.

I've read through the 1st edition, and it was well written in clear English. After 2 chapters, I felt that 2nd edition carried the same tradition: get you into SEM without killing all your brain cells in matrix algebra, multivariate statistics, and Greek alphabet. Yes, I was referring to the mighty LISREL. Not that I have anything against LISREL personally (that is when it is not yelling FATAL ERROR at me), it's just the learning curve was steep.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent, 20 Oct. 2010
delivered very quickly and in great condition. The book itself is a fantastic text. A great introduction to AMOS/SEM.