5.0 out of 5 stars How can I deepen my relationship with God?, 16 Aug. 1998
This review is from: Experiencing God: Student Workbook (Paperback)
Blackaby and King have written an excellent practical workbook for the Christian who is serious about deepening his relationship with God. The central question of the book is, "What is God doing in my life, and around me?" The followup question is, "How then can I join that work?" The authors then challenge the participants in the study to examine how they listen to God and see God work, how they respond in faith, and how they change their lives to reflect that faith. The focus in the book is on God. It is biblical in almost every point. This book is to be done in connection with other Christians. Just reading it is not enough, nor is doing it by oneself. Others teach you and you teach them as you go through the study. I have done this study four times with different groups and have profited every time. I recommend the book highly as a paradigm-breaker and maker. God bless.
Steve Austin

5.0 out of 5 stars How God works and how we can participate with Him, 22 May 1999
This review is from: Experiencing God: Student Workbook (Paperback)
This is a great book for those who are unfamiliar with God or those who have known Him for a long time. It opened my eyes to how God works in our world and how He wants me to participate with Him in His work. This study changed the way I relate with God.
There is also a youth edition which is great with teens and their leaders.

5.0 out of 5 stars A Practical Study to Draw Us into God's Will and Ways., 7 July 1999
This review is from: Experiencing God: Student Workbook (Paperback)
This study is a wonderful way to draw us into a close relationship with Christ and understand what He wants from us. Many people are not aware that there are also Teen Edition and Junior (5th/6th grade)Edition Leader/Student Workbooks for this study. I've used the Junior Edition twice with my Sunday School class centering around "traveling" to the 7 stops in the book. It encourages going from "going to church is something our family does" to "developing a personal relationship with Christ is important to me."

5.0 out of 5 stars A Great Book for developing a relationship with God, 30 Aug. 1999
This review is from: Experiencing God: Student Workbook (Paperback)
This book was an excellent book and helped me to deepen my personal relationship with Jesus Christ. Based on the Bible it shows how we can learn to get to know Him in a more intimate, personal way. Another book along the same lines, which will guarantee a intimate personal relationship with God, and a book that's inspirational and has helped me so much, and I highly recommend is Dietmar Scherf's "I Love Me: Avoiding & Overcoming Depression"--also available at Amazon.com and a Must for every Christian.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent resource for examining your relationship with God, 21 Mar. 1997
This review is from: Experiencing God: Student Workbook (Paperback)
This workbook brings us into a closer relationship with God by helping us discover ways in which we can and should be experiencing God on a daily basis. It offers numerous scripture references and provides space for one to record what God is saying to you about those scriptures. One of the basic ideas is that God is always at work. We need to discover what He is doing and join Him. In doing so we will experience Him in a real and dynamic fashioin.

5.0 out of 5 stars Best Bible study guide I've ever seen!, 29 July 1998
This review is from: Experiencing God: Student Workbook (Paperback)
This workbook will meet you wherever you are spiritually -- whether you're a brand new Christian, a believer who's experiencing burnout, or a faithful follower in search of sound teaching. The Spirit of the living God breathes life between the pages. But, like the Bible itself, it will not do you any good unless you apply what you read. If you order this book, be prepared for an exciting encounter with Christ as you find yourself Experiencing God!

5.0 out of 5 stars Stronger and more joyous faith through Experiencing God, 25 July 1999
This review is from: Experiencing God: Student Workbook (Paperback)
Experiencing God really deepened and strengthened my faith and my joy for everyday life. The passages and exercises provided allow for individual interpretation and thought, but also guide you in prayer and help you look for God in the everyday world. I did this workbook with a small Bible study group at my college and we were all transformed and amazed by the experience! Truly an amazing book!

5.0 out of 5 stars GREAT REFERENCE!!!, 4 May 1998
This review is from: Experiencing God: Student Workbook (Paperback)
This book is being used at my church for sunday school. There's about 8 class being taught on experiencing God. It is a GREAT reference, I enjoyed the workbook, It brought my relationship closer with God.

5.0 out of 5 stars God inspires me through the book., 26 Nov. 1998
This review is from: Experiencing God: Student Workbook (Paperback)
Knowing God is to experience Him and experiencing God is to know Him. This book helps me in knowing and experiencing Him. For a quick summary check out the Experiencing God Home Page swcbc.org/exp_god

5.0 out of 5 stars Great, 21 Aug. 1997
This review is from: Experiencing God: Student Workbook (Paperback)
This is a great resource for expanding your spiritual work and growth in Christ. It brings a refreshing perspective on our duties in spiritual growth as well as that of God's.

Experiencing God: Student Workbook
Experiencing God: Student Workbook by King (Paperback - 1 Jan. 2001)
Used & New from: £1.79