5.0 out of 5 stars Good Accompaniment, 23 Feb 2013
T. Donoghue - See all my reviews
This review is from: Bonhoeffer's Cost of Discipleship (Shepherd's Notes) (Paperback)
Good resource to assist a fuller understanding of Dietrich Bonhoeffer's life and ministry. This Christian Martyr's whole-hearted committment to the truth can be better grasped through this reader's guide.

5.0 out of 5 stars Bonnhoffer--- "THE BOOK", 14 Nov 2012
I was recommended this book by my pastor as a "good read" I can only think that he was understating the value of this wonderful, challenging, inspirational,
sad,and uplifing account of the life of one of the greats of the Christian Church in Germany, and for the wider world.

I often say to friends if you don't want to be challenged, uplifted, excited and encouraged then don't read this book. I feel it's impossible to read this book without the life of this man, and his faith, having an effect on your life. Hitler robbed the world, let alone the Christian world of one of its greats when he put him to death.

It's A MUST read for any Christian who is serious about his or her faith, and how to live it out in the power of God's will for their lives. I can honestly say, it is one of the best books I have ever read, and would say to all who might read it---prepare to be challenged.

As a history book, its view point gives a fresh insight into life in Germany at that time, both from a church and state perspective.

It is also a book giving a view of the Second World War from what happened on the "other side", and tells that not all Germans were Nazi supporters, even right up to the German High Command.
I must also say that when I read of what Churchill's response was to a request for help to kill Hitler, I was ashamed at his refusal to help, and even more ashamed to be British that we abandoned them in their effort to rid their nation of this tyrant.
I should say I live in Austria so perhaps it had a special significance for me in some way, I dont know.

5.0 out of 5 stars An absolutly great help in study of Boneoffer's Discipleship., 15 Feb 2013
I enjoyed this very much accompaning his Discipleship. This book would be a great help in group studies etc. With a good commentary it helps one see what Boneoffer is saying.

5.0 out of 5 stars Helpful aide to a compley Christian classic, 7 Feb 2014
This was a very helpful aide to understanding a complex Christian classic. It helped to cut through the obtuse exposition in the original book.

5.0 out of 5 stars Greta, 28 May 2014
Good short cut into understanding BonH. Wish I had read this some years earlier. Now a good reference book for today.

5.0 out of 5 stars Wow! This book really does bring to life the ..., 23 Aug 2014
Wow! This book really does bring to life the absolute essentials in helping Christians become a true follower of Christ.This book has enabled me to truly grow and mature in my Faith. If you want to learn some real truths about what it means to be a sincere follower of Jesus and to learn the only truth that there is in this world; then buy this book!

5.0 out of 5 stars Bonhoeffer, 11 Jun 2014
M. Boland - See all my reviews
I have reviewed this item several weeks ago. To repeat myself again, the book arrived in very good condition and was als excellent value for money,

5.0 out of 5 stars Buy this with the main book. You won't regret it, 5 Aug 2014
Very useful study companion

5.0 out of 5 stars cost of discipleship, 12 Jan 2011
The book was highly recommended by a reliable source. It arrived quickly and in good condition. It has been a valuable read for us and we are please with the purchase.

Bonhoeffer's Cost of Discipleship (Shepherd's Notes)
Bonhoeffer's Cost of Discipleship (Shepherd's Notes) by Greg Ligon (Paperback - 1 Jan 2001)