5.0 out of 5 stars the best storyteller this century
this is one book you have to read, it's entertainment, romance and yet in a way also educative. the story, though seeming to progress slowly because it's being told bit by bit by an old man, managed to keep me on the edge of my seat and filled me with an urge to finish the book quickly yet wanting to savour every sentence.
Published on 4 Sep 1999

2.0 out of 5 stars Hard work
It's a great story, but the narrative is way too slow for me, and too laborious to progress. Much too "poetic" prose, where the story gets adorned for the sake of it, but I think it is overdone and detracts from the general story.
Published 4 months ago by D F

2.0 out of 5 stars Hard work, 30 Aug 2014
This review is from: The Loves of Judith (Paperback)

5.0 out of 5 stars the best storyteller this century, 4 Sep 1999
By A Customer
This review is from: The Loves of Judith (Hardcover)

4.0 out of 5 stars I enjoyed this book., 11 May 1999
By A Customer
This review is from: The Loves of Judith (Hardcover)
I can't review it yet because I only read it once. Now that I have some idea of the plot, point of view which shifts around, time, characters, I might be able to give the book the just review it deserves after a second helping of this marvelous teasing that the author does with the reader.

The Loves of Judith
The Loves of Judith by Meir Shalev (Paperback - 30 Nov 2012)