Format: Hardcover|Change

on 12 August 2012
I was amused (well, I laughed out loud) early in the book. We have this group of brains in a facility complaining about it being too hot in the winter and too cold in the summer. I guess those physicists couldn't figure out how to block the registers. I'm also figuring that the maintenance staff changed the light bulbs.

While reading this, I had to separate the "story" from the "story telling" and "story teller". The "story" was somewhat interesting, though it was sometimes difficult to winnow the wheat from the chaff. The "story telling" and "story teller" combination failed to put forth the story to their audience in an entertaining way. It was too dry and disjointed. I could only handle about ten pages at a time.

For those with a historical interest in the field or those with a particular interest in this portion of its story, this will probably be a good addition to their libraries. For those wanting detailed information about robotics, androids and/or artificial intelligence, this contains only the "public" side of such and little that will "teach" you anything. For those who, like me, enjoy popular science books about interesting events and subjects, this is OK (and "OK" is Amazon's definition of three stars).

(As I finished, I had this thought: Had they had put someone capable of adjusting those heat/ac registers in charge of transporting the android's head, I wonder if it would have been left on a plane. I know how I'm betting.)

(I received an Advance Reader's Copy from the Amazon US Vine program.)