5.0 out of 5 stars A family must have
Both our daughters love the brown bear story so polar bear and panda bear were essential buying for us. Being board books as well meant my 17 month old can enjoy looking at them herself. Great condition, great addition to our collection
Published 16 months ago by mopster

3.0 out of 5 stars Nice collection, but not what I expected.
I bought these books on the strength of the original 'Brown Bear' story, which my 20 month son adores. The original I had was paperback, and has been torn in a few places, so wanted to replace it with a board book. I hadn't seen / read the other two books, but assumed they would also be a hit, if following a similar theme.

I was a little disappointed in the...
Published on 9 Sept. 2011 by Gemma Parkes

5.0 out of 5 stars A family must have, 24 Sept. 2013
This review is from: Brown Bear & Friends Board Book Gift Set (Board book)

3.0 out of 5 stars Nice collection, but not what I expected., 9 Sept. 2011
Gemma Parkes (Glasgow) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Brown Bear & Friends Board Book Gift Set (Board book)

I was a little disappointed in the other stories to be honest. My son may grow into them, but the animals described are a little more complicated,as are the other words used in general. Rather than just a horse, a duck, a frog etc, you have a bald eagle, flamingo, and whooping crane. Perhaps the other 2 books are aimed at older children? As far as the Brown Bear story goes, the artwork was also totally different, and the main character my son looked forwarded to getting to at the end - the monkey - is now a teacher!! Quite odd that this has been changed really. However, he's still has had lots of enjoyment out of them, and I think I got my money's worth after just a few days, so I don't regret buying them for a moment.

Brown Bear & Friends Board Book Gift Set
Brown Bear & Friends Board Book Gift Set by Eric Carle (Board book - 30 Oct. 2007)