on 23 March 1999
Interesting book. But, I would be interested to hear of anyone who has utilitsed this and other such books and successfully submitted a script. Are these books worth the money or are they for people who are dreaming about being successful writers? How many 'real' writers use such books? Can a writer 'make it' by using them? If anyone has read this book and had success, please submit a review as I think this would help other reads decide how good this book really is.
on 13 August 1998
You won't find strict guidelines here on how to format a treatment, mainly because there really aren't any. The act of creating a treatment, though, and the thought processes that go into it are what matter, and the authors do an excellent job of helping a writer think about these things. The authors also maintain a great web site that's worth checking out.
on 7 November 2010
This handbook about TV and movie treatments is a real eye opener to the ambitious idealist mind at heart.
As a 23 year student I declare this book to be one of the most informaitive books I have ever come accross.

I first came across this book when I had a strong Idea in my head about an ''ice age TV series'' I want to convert this idea into a tv series project for the U.S.A and now I am currently reading about how to present a TV treatment and bible to present to the agent that is to be contacted as soon as the project is finished.

I had this idea that uless the idea if off the notepad and into structured planning people will never know or enjoy that idea unless you work hard and make an effort to make it come true.

So I would give this book 10/10 and reckomend this to media students and ambitious tv go getters.
on 16 April 1999
After reading Writing Treatments That Sell, I wrote my first MOW treatment -- something I had been terrified to do. I sent it off to two producers who responded with a resounding,"Your treatment was extremely well written and very professional." The guidelines and advice within the covers of this book can lift a writer's skills to new levels.
on 25 April 2016
A very insightful book. Covers writing treatments for feature films, TV series and adaptations of books, providing example treatments for each of these.
on 3 January 2015
Very useful
on 10 February 1999
I bought this book in Hollywood along with 5 other screenwriters books. This is great! As a producer for feature films this is my favorite ....-detector AND very usefull when I am consulting writers and directors.
on 20 May 1999
The one step script writing beginners and neophyts MUST, abosolutly MUST read and FULLY understand. It should be required for FILM DEPARTMENT students in every FILM school world wide as a dictiornary is part of writing/English grammer classes. Dale Godbee, Michigan