5.0 out of 5 stars Super answer book on fibromyalgia that is NOT hyped
Published on 12 April 1999

1.0 out of 5 stars nothing works long term - until you address the real cause
What kind of medical system tells you that you're doomed to a life of pain and suffering? To me, it's shocking that almost no mainstream doctors and so few "experts", much less writers of books like this, are aware that fibromyalgia is a symptom of low thyroid (hypothyroid), often adrenal fatigue (linked with sometimes hidden copper toxicity) and sometimes also B12...
Published 2 months ago by D&D

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Super answer book on fibromyalgia that is NOT hyped, 12 April 1999
By A Customer
I use this book with all my patients because it is scientifically substantiated--and NOT hype like the rest of the trade books I've read. Written by a board certified rheumatologist--it tells how fibromyalgia acts in the body, who is at risk, and how to reduce pain by managing the symptoms. Of all the books--this is the ONE book you need to read if you have fibromyalgia.

5.0 out of 5 stars The best source on fibromyalgia that I've found, 12 Oct 1997
By A Customer
I have had fibromyalgia for 7 years and have suffered needlessly with pain, fatigue and even depression. This book was given to me by a friend last December l996. I was skeptical at first, but then started the treatment plan--I had no alternative or hope for cure. After six weeks, I noticed that I was sleeping through the night--without awakening. I felt more positive during the daytime hours. I even started to enjoy the exercises described in the book. If you have this syndrome--take it from me--this program will work. No, it is not a cure--there is no cure for fibromyalgia. But you will feel better--I know because I've been there. Good luck.

5.0 out of 5 stars NOW I KNOW I'M NOT CRAZY!, 1 Aug 1998
By A Customer
Finally, a full explanation of this mysterious disease that has robbed me of sleep and activity for 10 years. Three doctors told me "I was mental"--but I knew there was something wrong. I've been on the 7-step program for almost one year now and have only had two times where the pain was unbearable. These times were resolved with more moist heat and stretching. I think the biggest relief came from the de-stressing chapter. I tend to be a perfectionist, and this chapter opened my eyes to how I needed to change my perception of life. Recommend to anyone who has FMS.

5.0 out of 5 stars I'm not the only one!, 14 Feb 2000
By A Customer
I was diagnosed with Fibromyalgia four years ago and until reading this book had felt that all the symptoms were a possible figment of my imagination. Finally I now know that there are others out there suffering in the same way and that I can do much to improve my situation. Feeling empowered has already given me a real boost. This book answers many of my questions, ones which I never bothered my Doctor with, for fear of being branded a "Hypochondriac". I am so impressed that I am going to recommend it to my G.P.. If you order this book I'm sure you will find inspiration and face your illness with renewed vigour.

5.0 out of 5 stars IF you have FMS, you NEED this book., 16 May 1999
By A Customer
Best book out there on fibromyalgia. I've had FMS for seven years and NOTHING--has worked. I read this book three weeks ago--and the 7-step plan REALLY WORKS. If your chronic muscle pain and sleeplessness is affected by daily stressors--grab this book and do what it says. Also try the medications it recommends, including the new Super Aspirins (Celebrex)--which END muscle pain. The exercises also help to keep muscles flexible and ends that "knotted" feeling. BUY THIS BOOK! It will change the way you live with FMS.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent medical resource!, 3 Sep 1998
By A Customer
I have fibromyalgia and suffer with the fatigue and muscle pains--at least I did suffer. Since starting the exercises in this book, I'm improved greatly. Even my husband sees a difference in my energy level and outlook. I used to crawl in bed after work and now I'm able to enjoy an evening watching TV and even going out to dinner. Will there be another from McIlwain on this subject? Are there new medications coming out? This book is a must for anyone with FMS. Even if you only do two or three steps at first--start the program. The sooner you start--the better you will feel.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent medical reporting about a horrible illness, 28 Feb 1999
By A Customer
I read this book twice after being diagnosed with fibromyalgia. At first the "cure" seemed so easy--take medications for sleep, exercise and moist heat to decrease pain, and de-stress my life. But . . . it works. Some may think this is a simplistic answer to a complex disease with no cure--but as a PhD in anatomy who lives with FMS--it takes a multi-faceted approach to managing the symptoms. This book is RIGHT on base with how this is done. Thank you.

5.0 out of 5 stars This book CHANGED my life, 10 April 1998
By A Customer
This book gave me new ways to reduce stress, which helped me sleep better. When I can sleep soundly, I have less pain and more energy. If you have nonspecific muscle pain, daytime fatigue and mild depression--this book will change your life. I promise!

5.0 out of 5 stars The Fibromyalgia Handbook - a 7-step program to halt ......., 3 Dec 2003
By A Customer
This review is from: The Fibromyalgia Handbook: A 7-Step Program to Halt and Even Reverse Fibromyalgia (Paperback)
This has proved to be one of the most useful and informative books I have read on fibromyalgia. It contains an enormous amount of information which is presented in a form which is easy to read and understand. The ‘7-step program’ is an excellent way of offering all the options of possible help for this very misunderstood condition. There are no easy cures for FM, but this provides plenty of ammunition to find ways of controlling the symptoms to give a better quality of life. Lots of mini case studies are provided. This is brilliant as it helps the patient realise that they are not alone – that they are not going mad – there are thousands more people suffering from similar problems and unending pain, and that hopefully after reading the book and putting at least some of the advice into practice, help is at hand. Definitely the best book I have read on the subject.

4.0 out of 5 stars Not too bad, but seems to tell fibromyalgia sufferers what most already know, 5 Mar 2012
To the new sufferer, this book will be very interesting, with a lot of good ideas and a lot of common sense. To the sufferers who have had fibromyalgia for many years, a lot of this will be common place. The downside of this book is that for those of us that have had relapse after relapse, the treatments suggested simply do not work anymore. These have been tried by many and whilst they work the first few times, after that, it is like our bodies have become immuned to these treatments. Heat treatment still is OK for a short period of time, but my body has become too used to the medications to the point they no longer work. Having underlying conditions means the recommended exercises actually make me a lot worse. This book does say that you need to check for underlying issues and I agree that this is vitally important.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›