5.0 out of 5 stars great companion!
Published on 3 Feb. 2006 by yvonnej

2.0 out of 5 stars Not much help here
This anthology is mostly full of average and uninteresting essays. I doubt it will inspire people to write. I found that it actually depressed me. It definitely is not the 'world's best writing advice' as the title states. For a more motivating and knowledgeable book I recommend 'The Creative Writing Coursebook', edited by Paul Magrs and Julia Bell.
Published on 2 Sept. 2009 by Sean Gainford

5.0 out of 5 stars great companion!, 3 Feb. 2006
This review is from: Writer's Home Companion: An Anthology of the World's Best Writing Advice, from Keats to Kunitz (Paperback)
This is a lovely book, full of helpful advice and support for writers. you get the wisdom of many experienced writers/teachers organised and condensed into a single book. A great buy for me and certainly motivated me to get back to the desk. i think all who write can get something out of it. Highly recommended. i find Bolker's other book on writing thesis quite useful as well.

2.0 out of 5 stars Not much help here, 2 Sept. 2009