1 Review

1.0 out of 5 stars I didn't even finish this book, 21 Jan. 2001
This review is from: The Evidence of Things Not Seen (Paperback)
I ordered this book especially from America, extremely excited as Wayne Williams was a serial killer who fascinates me and I was desperate to find out more about him. When the book arrived I rushed home to discover it was more an essay than an actual insight into the crimes and the psychology of Wayne Williams. I managed to plow through the first third of the book before exhaustedly giving up. Now, I do enjoy reading pretty much anything but this was unbearable. I had discovered nothing more than the background of Atlanta and a report of some kind as to the reason the crimes were commited there. The possibility that it could be because the killer lived there seemed to have no connection for the author!! This book is nothing more than a political report and even from reading the back of the book it would appear that this author has done no research into the psychology of serial killers (I have no idea if he actually has but it is certainly not apparent.)and is still blaming it on race and society. I have no idea whether or not he actually makes this conclusion in the book as I never got that far and probably never will. I was thoroughly disappointed with this and, as I bought this from America, was lumped with one of the biggest money wasters around. An sadly I cannot find another book about Wayne Williams (any recommendations would be welcomed!!) I wouldn't recommend this book to anyone who is an avid true crime reader but instead to anyone who is interested in social politics, this is more their cup of tea.

The Evidence of Things Not Seen
The Evidence of Things Not Seen by James Baldwin (Paperback - 1 Jan. 1996)