1,443 Reviews

4.0 out of 5 stars A pretty mind blowing read!
Follows the same thriller formula as his other books which Hitchock devised 50 years ago - a 24 hours chase with the protagonist (with girl) pursued by both the cops and the baddies while they follow a trail of clues in an attempt to solve all the puzzles before an imminent deadline that threatens with catastophy. There is also the obligatory completely mad bad guy...
Published on 18 Aug. 2010 by Dedonno Jason Enzo

2.0 out of 5 stars a bit of a drag
back when I worked in a bar I had one customer who loved to hear his own voice. Out of politeness I would stand or sit and listen to him drone on about things he knew of. He'd go on for hours on end. Sometimes he'd come up with a gem of a saying or some vital bit of gossip, but aside from that it was painful having to listen to him.

Reading this book felt just...
Published on 25 Feb. 2013 by C. Winterburn

‹ Previous | 1121 122 123145 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars DAN BROWNS THE lost symbol, 28 Oct. 2009
Mr. Bj Ravenscroft "multiwagon1" (warrington,cheshire) - See all my reviews
excellent book to read, better than the da vinci code.

i could not put this book down. i read it from front to back in three nights before dropping off to sleep

1.0 out of 5 stars Absolute Pants!, 8 Oct. 2009
Mrs. L. C. Manzione (Derbyshire UK) - See all my reviews
Watching my pants dry is more entertaining than this book (whatever takes your fancy you might say) after pre-ordering from Amazon, excited that it might be the next Da vinci code. I was very disappointed, characters were very boring, also you guessed what was going to happen so not a good plot. Too similar to Da vinci code but not as exciting. I could have thrown this book onto the coal fire if i had one. My advice is if you want to read it for yourself wait till it hits the charity bin. I definitely won't be pre-ordering another Dan Brown HB!

5.0 out of 5 stars Again Dan Brown, 12 Oct. 2009
Diaa M. Fakhr "Doctor Diaa" (Cairo, EGYPT) - See all my reviews
I don't know why some poeple seem disappointed. This is Dan Brown, this is how he does it and well done.
A fast paced full of information secret society novel. That was expected and that's what we got. However, it should not be repeated and a different genre should be considered in the Dan Brown style, fast with information but maybe a medical, legal, political or espionage novel or all four mixed together. Dare you Dan. I enjoyed this and your other books but "NEW" is needed and please don't make us wait so long.
Dr Diaa Fakhr.

2.0 out of 5 stars The Lost Symbol, 17 Nov. 2009
Whilst I don't agree with the literary criticisms of Dan Brown's work, I found this story monotonous and not very beleivable. Not as good as the previous two.

3.0 out of 5 stars Dan Brown's The Lost Symbol, 17 Oct. 2009
Jeff. Clark "arfur_daily" (Shropshire) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)
I thought this was going to be hard going, I can't put it down but I don't want it to finish?! I don't know what else anyone would want from a novel.
Jeff :0)

5.0 out of 5 stars Makes a great present, 10 Dec. 2012
Read the book years ago, got it as a present of my buddy, really recommend it not just because there's family connections with Dan

Enjoy your copy.

1.0 out of 5 stars Rubbish, 7 Oct. 2009
N. Hunt - See all my reviews
A sluggish book that plods from chapter to chapter. What was really annoying were all references back to The Da vinci Code and Angels & Demons, seemingly in an attempt to use their success as camouflage for the floundering of this books storyline. Three-quarters of the way through I got bored and skipped to the end to find out what the lost symbol was... Even that wasn't worth it.

5.0 out of 5 stars We had to wait a long time, ..., 19 Oct. 2009
Robert Redlarski "R. J. R." (Bremen, Germany) - See all my reviews
but eventually we have a good book at hand.
Another masterpiece which became a bestseller in Germany before the German translation was available. Meaning an english book became a bestseller Germany, which is quite an achievement.
I personally liked the story, although the last quarter is the worst, but all Dan Brown books beome weaker at towards the end. The story sees some nice twists and I especially liked the villain in this one.
Definitively worth reading, but maybe not the best Dan Brown novel.

5.0 out of 5 stars the lost symbol, 22 Sept. 2010
I don't want to put the book down... unfortunatelyI have to go to work and study. Story was well described & rather deep. The book is good size to read....

3.0 out of 5 stars The lost inspiration, 22 Jan. 2010
I think The Lost Symbol is a good book, but not extraordinary. To be honest I was expecting much more after the Da Vinci Code and Angels and Demons. Thanks

‹ Previous | 1121 122 123145 | Next ›

The Lost Symbol
The Lost Symbol by Dan Brown (Audio CD - 2 July 2013)