5.0 out of 5 stars well written book
Published 17 months ago by Loz

3.0 out of 5 stars Getting out of date
Although this book is now slightly out of date as regards current scientific thinking on cholesterol, it still has some very interesting views on meditation and how this can help in reversing heart disease. Well worth reading
Published 18 months ago by Amazon Customer

5.0 out of 5 stars well written book, 14 April 2013
This review is from: Dr. Dean Ornish's Programme for Reversing Heart Disease (Mass Market Paperback)
brought for a friend and he says it is a very interesting book. He had a heart attack and has read about half dozen books and is now recovery. This was one of them. He says the approach is very strict especially the diet and newer books have given different information, I guess a happy medium is the approach my friend has taken taking into account all the information he has gathered from various books that were written at different times. This is a must for anyone who wants more information about recovering from heart disease. It is very informative and my friend said it taught him a new way of looking at his condition and is recovering well without all the drugs the hospital and doctors gave him.

5.0 out of 5 stars Dean Ornish book for reversing heart disease known to me used by me since 1996, 25 Jun 2014
This book I heard about it while attending a lecture in Auckland Newzeland.One of cardiac patient stood up and said it is my bible.This lecture was in a church hall attended by cardiologist,psychologist.patients.Went to library in Auckland asked about the book ,they did not have it but they ordered it for me for 17 NZ dollar.This was in 1996.I was interested as I have familial high cholesterol.Fallowed the program of reversing heart condition for three weeks.Cholesterol dropped from 7.4 to 4.8 meqper L.Did blood tests before and after the experiment on my self but the liver enzymes raised to double the figures before the experiment.This book is the first book which gave me hope that we could control all our illnesses by healthy life style including diet ,exercise,relaxation dealing with stress ,accept what we get no rat race .This book I recommended for all people who are interested in their health.I gave it as present this time for a friend .I have thousands of books but the first book is the republic by Plato and second to it is this book this book was recommended by me many times for people.Once a minister of health in middle east wanted to borrow it I refused to give it as this book is more important than the minister.The price in WH smith is 14 pounds.All my neibours bought it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great book by Dr Ornish, 28 April 2010
As a heart patient having had bypass surgery, I find this book very encourging to change my life style for a possible reversal in my condition.
I have already recommended this book to some of my friends who are in similar condition and I do the same to your customers.
I wish Dr Ornish the best of luck in his great work of persuading the otherwise hopeless cases to 'live' again.
Madan Judge

5.0 out of 5 stars This book can change your life in a very positive way!, 13 Sep 1997
By A Customer
This book (after reading three times) changed my life! My total cholesterol has dropped from 240 to 130-170. I have more energy then I did twenty years ago. I have started a Dean Ornish support group in Portland, Or and have dedicated my life to preventive medicine.

3.0 out of 5 stars Getting out of date, 8 Mar 2013

5.0 out of 5 stars good information, 18 April 2013
written by a professional doctor whose method has been shown to work, and offers hope to those with heart problems.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Help for People With Heart Disease, 9 Dec 1998
By A Customer
I write a food column for a little newspaper in Ohio. A man I interviewed avoided surgery and did indeed reverse his heart disease by eating a diet of less than 10% fat. He became so inspired he wrote his own book of low fat recipes!

5.0 out of 5 stars Heart Disease Prevention, 14 April 2010
E. Butt "Ejaz Butt" (Leeds England) - See all my reviews
An amazing insight how to prevent and cure existing heart disease by a qualified Cardialogist.

5.0 out of 5 stars A good read for those that want an alternative route to pill popping., 13 April 2013
Bought this book for my son, who at 22 has been diagnosed with heart disease. Whilst the hospital insists on drugs, whilst conveniently forgetting to tell you about all the side-effect, my son has decided to look at alternatives to improve his heart function. This is a good informative book with recipes and key points to improving your health. He now feels he has someone on his side that feels the same way about drugs as he does. Time will tell but he would recommend this book if only to improve your lifestyle.

5.0 out of 5 stars Research, 3 April 2010
Easy to read and great for discovering facts about heart disease and prevention of further problems. Recommended by a friend in Canada who had similar problems and she follows Dr. Dean Ornish's programmes religiously. She also told me about the other t 2 books I purchased at the same time.

Dr. Dean Ornish's Programme for Reversing Heart Disease
Dr. Dean Ornish's Programme for Reversing Heart Disease by Dean Ornish (Mass Market Paperback - 6 Nov 1997)
4.89