5.0 out of 5 stars Covering a wide range of potential issues within marriage
I get married on the 6th of July 2013; some of you will be reading this before then, others after.

This books is SO helpful to any couple who are starting down the road to a serious relationship or marriage!

Published 24 months ago by Samsam

3.0 out of 5 stars Mixed bag
I was hoping for a bit more out of this book, but really it contains common sense and not much more. Some stories from other people actively grated on me, but overall it was a good read.
Published 19 months ago by Jenny Mathiasson

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Covering a wide range of potential issues within marriage, 9 Feb. 2013
This review is from: Things I Wish I'd Known Before We Got Married (Paperback)

Covering a wide range of potential issues within marriage, such as money, sex, hopes and aims in life, this book will get you talking, it will get you discussing and it will prepare you before you get married to deal with potential issues that you might face once married. Thus helping you know more clearly if you are both making the right decision by moving ahead with your relationship!

A MUST buy for all couples, who are in any stage within their relationship!

For your information: I asked top leaders from some of the best Churches across Europe and North America for their opinion on what is the top marriage book. After going through their answers the top ones mentioned time and time again are:

1, Love & Respect by Emerson Eggerichs
2, Things I Wish I'd Known Before We Got Married by Gary Chapman
3, The Five Love Languages: The Secret to Love That Lasts by Gary Chapman
4, His Needs, Her Needs: Building an Affair-Proof Marriage by Willard F. Harley
5, Sacred Marriage: What If God Designed Marriage to Make Us Holy More Than to Make Us Happy? by Gary L. Thomas
6, Sheet Music: Uncovering the Secrets of Sexual Intimacy in Marriage by Kevin Leman (with this one I have been advised to only read it a couple of weeks before I get married!)
Comment Comment | Permalink

5.0 out of 5 stars Things I wish Id known before we got married, 9 Sept. 2012
This review is from: Things I Wish I'd Known Before We Got Married (Paperback)
This book really opened my eyes to what really i wish id known before i got married. Nobody really shared anything in that book with me until I read the book after 11 years of marriage. It really met all my needs and I wish every intending couple and married couple could read the book over and over again. Thank you

5.0 out of 5 stars Invaluable resource, 12 Mar. 2011
P. Whiting (Liverpool UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Things I Wish I'd Known Before We Got Married (Paperback)
Excellent resource for engaged or pre engaged couples.
Lots of insight and practical examples of issues to discuss before marriage. Invaluable!

5.0 out of 5 stars It never gets old, 8 Jan. 2014
This review is from: Things I Wish I'd Known Before We Got Married (Paperback)
I've read this book a few times and at different stages in life and its just as applicable. Personally its less of what to expect from my husband but more of what I need to work on before becoming someone's wife. It also helps you see beyond the 'fantasies of romance' and on the reality but beauty of blending two selfish people together.

5.0 out of 5 stars great if you are single and essential if you want to have a long term relationship., 20 Sept. 2013
If I had read this when I was with my last partner for 9 years we could have solved our differences and not split up.

5.0 out of 5 stars Good!!!, 13 July 2011
This review is from: Things I Wish I'd Known Before We Got Married (Paperback)
Brand New! Excellent binding and overall quality. Good read so far...Really sheds more light on relationships. Best to read alongside your loved one.

5.0 out of 5 stars Helpful and informative, 18 Nov. 2010
This review is from: Things I Wish I'd Known Before We Got Married (Paperback)
This book is amazing - it suits exactly the need for preparation for a decision that lasts a life time.

5.0 out of 5 stars A real help for marriage preparation and beyond..., 22 Feb. 2011
Ms. Amy Watt "amew1982" (Glasgow, UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Things I Wish I'd Known Before We Got Married (Paperback)
I picked up this book for my finance and I. As a christian couple we were looking for practical help in preparing ourselves for marriage, something that reflected scriptural teachings. I don't know if Dr Chapman believes exactly the things that we do, but this is absolutely irrelevant because the book he's written is honest, deals with potentially very tricky & stressful issues that couples should bear in mind and plan for.
I'm going to buy a copy for every couple in our circle of friends who gets married....it's already been of great help to us!

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic Book, 21 May 2014
Aenssy (London, UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Things I Wish I'd Known Before We Got Married (Paperback)
Very well written and informative. Have referred back to it many times and find it extremely useful. A good investment!

4.0 out of 5 stars A single reading this, 7 May 2014
Sandra (London, UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Things I Wish I'd Known Before We Got Married (Paperback)
I bought this as a single and not yet in a relationship to prepare myself for when/if the time comes. The book is naturally geared for couples however I captured and learnt a lot of the issues that needs to be talked about, addressed asked before fully committing to your partner. I can apply some to even other relationships I have. Some things I already knew but others I would never have looked at/thought of. I will be reading it again! I recommended it to both a married friend and my sister who is engaged and they have both purchased it and find it a good read.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

Things I Wish I'd Known Before We Got Married
Things I Wish I'd Known Before We Got Married by Gary Chapman (Paperback - 1 Sept. 2010)
Not in stock; order now and we'll deliver when available