on 12 June 2011
Once I got passed the first three chapters - She arives in Cairo in Chapter 4 -I was hooked and finished it in a day . The author comes across as an engaging and extremely likeable personality. This memoir is a very personal look at her acceptance of faith and her relationship with her Egyptian husband and his family. As such, it feels less contrived than some 'convert stories' as the focus is firmly on her emotional and personal life rather than an attempt to proselytise.

Perhaps because I enjoyed it so much, the book rather felt like only half the story: the Egyptian half of her life only. And, I hope that she writes a further memoir detailing her return to the United States and how she navigates the different facets of her identity as a white middle class American Muslim and how the dynamic between her and her husband changes in the face of a hostile society.