5.0 out of 5 stars Open Your View of God, 26 Nov 2009
Mr. K. J. Stott "Stotty" (Cheltenham) - See all my reviews
This review is from: God of the Possible: A Biblical Introduction to the Open View of God (Paperback)
This is a real page-turner. As a relatively 'new' Christian this book really opened my mind to new ways of thinking about God. God is obviously unfathomable, however, any book which helps us to fathom the unfathomable is a real treasure; do not be put off by the thickness (or thin-ness) of this book, it's a case of quality over quantity. I highly recommend this book and when it's been returned to me from a friend I'll be reading it again. I loved the comparison he made (even though God can't really be compared to anything we know of) to God being a kind of supreme chess master; He knows every possible move we'll ever make and has a contingency for each choice; He even knows of the choices we didn't make and all the infinite possibilities from those un-chosen choices! Mind-blowing. Enjoy.

5.0 out of 5 stars A clear summary of open theism, 7 Feb 2001
Having read both this and the Openness of God by Clark Pinnock, I would recommend this as a more approachable starter for the lay reader. It gives a straight forward introduction to this excellent theological model.
What is particularly pleasing is the extent of biblical justification and hermenuetics in this short book. So many works from this school, even including the great Openness of God, have a greater proportion of theological and philosophical argument. This work redresses that balance and opens the doors of this freeing theology to the masses.
I hope many evangelicals will read this and look honestly at the Word to see if it is not true and leads us all into a more authentic relationship with God. Enjoy the read at least...

God of the Possible: A Biblical Introduction to the Open View of God