5.0 out of 5 stars What a great book, 10 Nov. 2012
I've had the privilege of knowing Jay a bit over the last 7 years or so, and his input has really shaped my life to want to know Jesus more and to live for Jesus more. I'm so glad he's finally written/ co-written a book, and this book is just his heartbeat. It's the way he really lives. I've never met a guy who is so passionate about really leaning into "loving your neighbour" and learning how to do that well. This is a great book on how to learn how to be a better neighbour to others. Both to the strangers you've lived next door to for years, and for everyone else you do life with. One of the blind spots of the christian faith is often how we relate to those we live next door to and across the street from, because often everyone but them are considered are neighbours it seems. This book redresses that imbalance.

This book is such a simple concept it's quite challenging and even offensive to the way that i and many others live out the christian life. I highly recommend this book for anyone who wants to take the greatest commandment seriously. I've watched in change Jay's life, and those in his church and many others jay has spoken to and invested in. I am just one of the many people who have been changed by God through Jay's understanding of the greatest commandment. If you let God speak to you, this book won't just transform you and your life, it'll transform your community.

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic, 5 Sept. 2013
The message of this book is so simple, it is brilliant. How different would the world be, if Christians around the world truly did follow the great commandment?

I work in an environment where we deal with neighbour disputes on a daily basis. A least twice a day, I hear "I won't speak to my neighbour because ...." or "I I go round there I'm going to punch his lights out because the dog barks all day long."

This book empowers everyone to do their bit to change our neighbourhoods for the better. I would recommend home groups to seize upon this book, and put it's teaching into practice on their doorsteps.

4.0 out of 5 stars Simple, but powerful, 10 April 2013
J. Hargreaves (UK) - See all my reviews
There's no rocket science in here, just a good readable book full of plenty of great points and stories that anyone can get their teeth into.

Great read!

4.0 out of 5 stars Good book, 7 Dec. 2012
Helps you to work out how interpersonal relations can be fostered and grow, Using simple things. Good for those who want to improve their relationships.

5.0 out of 5 stars A brilliant book. All you need to do if you're ..., 2 Sept. 2014
A brilliant book. All you need to do if you're a UK reader is culturally contextualise (from US to UK!). The premise of the book and the practical nature of it are excellent. Many people in our church have now read it and it's been very helpful

Art of Neighboring, The: Building Genuine Relationships Right Outside Your Door