5.0 out of 5 stars Very valuable child rearing information
Published on 3 Oct. 1998

1.0 out of 5 stars mistake
made a mistake by buying this. This is a workbook which makes sense if one has already attended their sessions
Published on 29 Sept. 2009 by K. A. Chempakanelloor

5.0 out of 5 stars Very valuable child rearing information, 3 Oct. 1998
By A Customer
This book provides a no-nonsense approach to disciplining children while fostering the true meaning of unconditional love. These techniques are really based on common sense (the golden rule for example) and are very effective. Everyone raves at how well adjusted our 2 year old is. We started applying the basic principles in this book when she was about 1 years old. Her teachers at preschool just love to have her in their class because she is "so well behaved", full of joy and caring and empathetic towards others. I have never heard anyone say that about a 2 year old before.

5.0 out of 5 stars I Read This Book Once a Year, 30 Dec. 2009
D. Cooke - See all my reviews
I still love the saying, Pull the rug out and let the buzzards tumble. I wanted to find an alternative to spanking my children and never realized that there was an entirely different concept of reality discipline rather than punishment. I keep trying to hand this book out to people particularly when I see people struggling with kids in public who are out of control.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent Book!! A MUST for all parents, 11 Aug. 1999
By A Customer
Dr Leman is right on target. It is easy reading, but not at all a light topic. All parents should read this book. I find myself wanting to give it to parents I see in the store and on the street. I tell all my friends about it and about Dr Leman. Overall, it is an excellent Christine based guide for parents.

5.0 out of 5 stars Need to learn to cope with kids? This book will teach you!, 23 Aug. 1998
By A Customer
This book taught me how to raise happy, responsible children. I've used the principles I learned in this book for almost 10 years and they work. I buy this book as a gift for every new parent! Dr. Lemans techniques really work!!!!!

5.0 out of 5 stars wonderful book!, 4 Feb. 1999
By A Customer
Kevin is right on target. He teaches unconditional love, discipline versus punishment, and very practical. His ideas have really worked with my 2 preschoolers.

5.0 out of 5 stars Should be handed out at birth, 1 Aug. 2011
I have read alot of self help books for child rearing and this one by far is the best. It is a Christian book but it is very logical and makes sense. I would recommended for all and not just Christians. After reading just the first few chapters I already have a much better relationship with my 2 and a half year old. The advice is gentle but not passive, it's all about guiding children instead of scolding them or yelling at them. It really makes you think which is what is required if you want to change your approach to discipline. The main key thing I got at the start is that discipline is not punishment but guidance. The key verse used is Ephesians 6:4. I highly recommend this book; I have brought another copy to give to a friend as a gift!

5.0 out of 5 stars Every parent should own this book!, 27 Sept. 1998
By A Customer
I keep having to buy new copies of this book. People borrow it and then tell their friends to read it, and the cycle continues until the book disappears again. As long as people are reading it and learning from it, I'll keep buying new copies. It should be in every home with children. Kevin Leman is a wonderful author with a great sense of humor!

1.0 out of 5 stars mistake, 29 Sept. 2009

5.0 out of 5 stars This book is a must for every parent!, 5 Feb. 1999
By A Customer
I bought this book for the first time about 6 years ago when my son was 3 and we had just had our 2nd child. I read it, loaned it out to a friend, and never saw it again. I've since bought 8 copies, all of which I have read and then given away. I now have 3 children, ages 3,6 and 9 and am getting ready to order another copy. I love this book! Every one needs help now and then and I am so thankful that there are good christian people willing to share their mistakes and victories with the rest of us so we in turn can make better judgments ourselves!

Making Children Mind without Losing Yours
Making Children Mind without Losing Yours by Kevin Leman (Audio Cassette - 1 Sept. 2000)
Usually dispatched within 7 to 13 days