5.0 out of 5 stars The BEST parenting book on the Planet!
A fantastic book although as a parent you do have to eat plenty portions of humble pie and accept that its not only your child that needs to change but you too! Well worth the read and even more so, well worth making the changes to your parenting skills if you want your child to virtually become a different person before your very eyes!!

As a parent of a...
Published on 7 Aug 2008 by Nixee

2.0 out of 5 stars This book is more waffle than anything else. Its ...
This book is more waffle than anything else. Its also only really aimed at older children (8-15 ish). You can probably sift out a couple of sensible points from the whole book. Don't bother and use your common sense is my advise.
Published 4 months ago by chloe firmin

5.0 out of 5 stars The BEST parenting book on the Planet!, 7 Aug 2008
Nixee (England, UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Have a New Kid by Friday: How to Change Your Child's Attitude, Behavior and Character in 5 Days (Paperback)

As a parent of a teenager this book has been very challenging, but exceptionally helpful and I refer to it on a regular basis!

The A-Z of different issues you may encounter with your children is brilliant. I recommended this book to several of my friends too!

4.0 out of 5 stars I have a new kid, 4 Mar 2010
I am a great believer in getting help when needed but have never used a book before. The book is quite 'americanised' but you can still apply and relate to most of the advice. I have 2 girls 8&4 the problem was my 8 year olds attitude to other people, us, relatives etc and was getting really frustrating. Most of the things suggested we were already carrying out. I have also changed my attitude and this is what the book is about the way we act reflects how our children act. We now have a calm atmosphere, compliant children, (well most of the time) and children that have responsibilities, the pocket money chart has worked wonders!
Initally it is hard work but well worth taking some of the advice, even if you just change one thing its better than nothing. It made me really proud when my mum said, what have you done to Mia shes a different child, I just hope it lasts.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great practical help! This books gave me courage to face the teen years!, 30 Oct 2009
Savy Shopper (HATFIELD, United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
Loved the core principles that I repeat to myself like a mantra. B doesn't happen to till A gets done, etc. It's what we all know, but forget in the bussle of everyday life. Making the principles a priority really helped me nip adolescent stroppiness and cut childhood whining to a bare minimum.

5.0 out of 5 stars written from a no-nonsense perpective and is probably one of the best parenting books I have read, 16 Dec 2014
I have this book in kindle edition. It is simple, written from a no-nonsense perpective and is probably one of the best parenting books I have read. It teaches children to be independant and to assume responsibilty for themselves. As parents we have a tendency to think of the "here and now" but this book shifts our focus to look at the bigger picture and make an investment into who your child will become. I highly recommend it. I am going now to buy another of his books.

5.0 out of 5 stars would recommend, 16 Feb 2014
Well worth the hardwork! I feel a lot less stressed with my kids. My kids have a lot more self confidence.

5.0 out of 5 stars Have a new kid by Friday: how to change your child's attitude...., 8 Jan 2014
This a practical book for parents who find parenting advice confusing. However, be warned: if you want your child to change, be prepared to some radical changes in yours too. Don't be put off by one or two things that you might disagree with. Basic principle works in most families.

5.0 out of 5 stars Love this book and highly recommend it to parents., 10 May 2013
This is the second time I have bought this book. Lent the first one out and never got it back. Just lent thus one to some frazzled parents and probably won't see it again either. Speaks volumes?

2.0 out of 5 stars This book is more waffle than anything else. Its ..., 31 July 2014

5.0 out of 5 stars Absolutely brilliant book! It has helped improve our family life ..., 4 Dec 2014
Absolutely brilliant book! It has helped improve our family life so much! I've been re-reading it and it's a great reference to go back to. If you're looking for a plan that works, don't hesitate to get this book!

2.0 out of 5 stars it's ok - he's a bit smug though, 6 Dec 2011
Hi i boughht this book on a recommendation from a friend. Although some parts are good there is not really anything new or ground breaking in it. I did wonder if the author (male) was ever a stay at home father for a long enough period to test his theories all the time. My kids always do what daddy says but they rarely see him. they rarely do what i ask but I am there all the time. I do think some of it works but not on every child. My kids have very different personalities and the book worked wonderfully on one and not so well on the other. I also found the author REALLY SMUG. he kept mentioning his 5 gorwn up children who were always obedient and are so successful now. His theory on a picky or bad eater was basically - 'introduce healthy food from day 1 and that is the end of that'. No advice, just a comment that indicates he thinks we all feed our kids junk food and it our fault that they refuse healthy food. He obvioulsy has had NO experience of a child who has only ever been exposed to a healthy diet but refuses to eat vegetables of any kind EVER. SO what do I do? well this book didn't help. Ok i am dropping it to two stars as he just plain annoyed me.
buy 'how to talk so your kids will listen and you kids will talk' if you have issues with communciation or a 'spirited' child!!

Used & New from: £0.50