on 16 February 2012
I purchased several of Walter Wink's books at the same time. This was the most readable for a lay person who is no studying for a Theology degree/masters/PHD

It certainly provides some very interesting and plausible explanations for what I've observed/ experienced at work and in church. I don't agree with everything that Mr Wink says, but that may be because I don't have a theology degree, or at this point in my faith journey I am unable to accept what he is saying is true, and no human being is infallible, therefore its possible that he doesn't have everything right. I am trying to keep an open mind and will wait and see whether my opinions on Mr Wink's book change with time and growth along my own spiritual journey.
on 23 July 2013
Read when studying Contextual theology and now I'm actually in parish, good top reconnect. Winks theology is deep and unpopular in current post-modern world but experiencing his words in real world now.
on 19 December 2014
I found this a helpful way to relate what the New Testament says about powers (vol 1) to political and social realities today. I particularly appreciated Wink's ambivalence regarding the metaphysical status of the powers!