5.0 out of 5 stars Astonishing
Published 2 months ago by Andrew Brown

1.0 out of 5 stars Tedious, repetitive & boring
This is one of the most tedious, repetitive and boring books I've ever read. Actually I didn't finish it, life is too short in my opinion to waste so much time ploughing through this. Sorry Mr Wink, I understand that its a recommended text for many theology courses, but as I wasn't studying for a formal academic qualification, I decided to quit reading it!

It...
Published on 16 Feb 2012 by Jules

5.0 out of 5 stars Astonishing, 3 May 2014
I read this one as the last of the three. It is the one that reads more like a text book, but I would use the word 'methodical' rather than 'repetitive'. Maybe it's practical use is not as immediately apparent as the next two, but it lays an important foundation, without which the next two would be weakened. For that reason, though, I would probably recommend reading them in the order I did: 2, 3, 1. Or even 3, 2, 1: if you are not comfortable with the practical implications of what he is saying, why bother with the theory?

5.0 out of 5 stars Learned Dissertation, 13 Feb 2014
This review is from: Naming The Powers: The Language Of Power In The New Testament (The Powers : Volume One) (Paperback)
A complex subject but covered with clarity and great scholarship. This would be of considerable interest to anyone concerned with studying the Bible.

1.0 out of 5 stars Tedious, repetitive & boring, 16 Feb 2012

It is a pity, because I do think that this book would be more readable and interesting if it was severely edited, say reduce the word count by approximately 50-75%, as it does make a valuable contribution to the exploration of the subject of the "powers and principalities of this present darkness."