5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent
It's by J S Bach. That's a good start.
Not being cellist I can't comment on the editing but it's a really good quality edition, clear print and well laid out.
Published 12 months ago by W. Roskelly

2.0 out of 5 stars Sort of does the job.
I bought this as a cheap, temporary replacement for my original copy, which is completely battered and no longer presentable.

Published 1 month ago by Radcliffe

2.0 out of 5 stars Sort of does the job., 9 Jun 2014
This review is from: J.S. Bach Six Suites For Violoncello Solo Vlc (Schirmer's Library of Musical Classics) (Sheet music)

It does what it says on the label, but there is much that I don't like about this edition. I find the interpretative markings and bowings distracting. Plus, my favourite piece in it seems to have a few howling printing errors. The Suite V Sarabande, when played 'as writ', sounded as if certain bars of it had been transcribed a tone higher than they should have been - at these points it sounded as if the transcriber had momentarily forgotten what key the piece was supposed to be in! I checked the piece against YouTube videos, and it still sounded wrong. I then checked a handful of the more popular pieces and they however seemed fine. As I said, the book does what it says on the label - it is, after all, the 6 Bach 'Cello Suites - but I'm disappointed with it as an edition.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent, 12 July 2013
W. Roskelly (Malvern, UK) - See all my reviews
It's by J S Bach. That's a good start.