5.0 out of 5 stars A Fine, Comprehensive Introduction to Visio 2010
I have been using Visio since 2006 but only since 2010 for non-trivial diagrams. This is my first Visio book.

I have been delighted by it. Firstly there is really no substitute for /seeing/ a Visio expert using the package and the many hours of video demonstrations available online are invaluable.

Having maxed out on the videos I turned to the book...
Published on 6 July 2011 by Chris Dornan

3.0 out of 5 stars Beginners manual
I was somewhat let down with this book.
Its clearly for the beginner, with no prior experience with visio. i was hoping it was more a Using visio book, but its more a Beginning visio book.
not totally wasted money, as i have some coworkers who will benefit from this book.
Published on 8 May 2012 by Remi Lillelien

5.0 out of 5 stars A Fine, Comprehensive Introduction to Visio 2010, 6 July 2011
This review is from: Using Microsoft Visio 2010 (Paperback)

Having maxed out on the videos I turned to the book for reference and there I have found everything I have needed presented clearly.

This is a fine, comprehensive introduction to Visio 2010, and also outstanding value.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great book, 15 Mar 2013
kylecampbell (United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Using Microsoft Visio 2010 (Paperback)
I have used visio on and off for about 6 years [mostly off]. I bought visio - 2010 last year as an upgrade for my business. Started using visio again for my current projects and love it but I knew I was missing things. I bought this book after reading the recommendations on Amazon and I find it exellent. Very easy and quick to read and after registering for the online tutorials, I love it. I use it for audio visual layouts and proposals - easy visuals for hard to describe systems. Just now getting into importing CAD layouts, sussed PDF imports [not possible, so convert to another format!] and really like the layering and background page possibilities [read the book on these, never realised possible]. The book clarifies what I sought of understood, explains bits I was confused about and offers some new possibilities. Has seriously speeded up my work and shown me how to make great images for presentation to clients, and suggested much more advance ideas to pursue in the future. And well written and engaging - unlike so many other computer manuals I have to read.

5.0 out of 5 stars Really Useful Book, 1 Oct 2011
This review is from: Using Microsoft Visio 2010 (Paperback)
A good introduction to Visio 2010 covering the new features and with lots of additional online content

Made me realise what could be done with the new features and indeed some of the old ones I was less familiar with

Well worth reading

3.0 out of 5 stars Beginners manual, 8 May 2012
This review is from: Using Microsoft Visio 2010 (Paperback)
I was somewhat let down with this book.

4.0 out of 5 stars Simple, clear introduction to Visio - The extra internet material is great, 31 Jan 2012
This review is from: Using Microsoft Visio 2010 (Paperback)
I have been using Visio since 1997 purely a sketchnig program, albeit a wonderfully simple to use sketching program. In the years since i've slowly got to know the graphical side of the software. mainly through trial and error as books on Visio were non existant. Anyhow I wish I had read something similar to Chris Roth's book all those years ago as it would have saved a lot of time. Though I reckon i could teach him a thing or two about using layers :)

The only dissapointmet for me was that the more advanced things (which I really want to learn) such as using the shape sheet, and managing, exporting, linking and importing data were covered only in introductory detail. I would really love a book that helped a non programmer such as myself gain a deeper understanding of these things to enable me develop more powerful engineering drawings. Visio has huge untapped potential. Too many people see it just as a sketch program and not as the powerful visualisation tool that it is. This book might help change that perception.

4.0 out of 5 stars A very good introduction to Visio, 24 Dec 2012
This review is from: Using Microsoft Visio 2010 (Paperback)
The book is easy to follow and with good sense of humour.

I would have loved to see more tips on how to manipulate objects and the page, which I read somewhere else.

3.0 out of 5 stars Hmm hung jury on this, 30 Mar 2012
J. Hoskison (UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Using Microsoft Visio 2010 (Paperback)
Whilst I cannot deny this is an amazing book on the power of visio and the wonderful things it can do - and believe me it can [apparently] do so much more than draw pretty flow charts. The problem is it does not come over as particularly educational for the the new to medium skill levels . Too much pre knowledge seems to be implied / required. So not for me, sorry.

Using Microsoft Visio 2010
Using Microsoft Visio 2010 by Chris Roth (Paperback - 9 Jun 2011)
11.19