5.0 out of 5 stars Absolute Beginner's Guide to Computer Basics
I remember how intimidating it was when I got my first computer. At the time, my husband regularly used a computer at work and thought that I should learn. Of course, I didn't even know how to turn on the thing let alone make it do something worthwhile.

Published on 28 Dec. 2009 by Tami Brady

3.0 out of 5 stars not for me
We bought this for my brother-in -law who has not decided to buy a computer yet until he reads it
Published on 25 Jan. 2013 by Amazon Customer

5.0 out of 5 stars Absolute Beginner's Guide to Computer Basics, 28 Dec. 2009
Tami Brady "Integrated Whole Health" (Calgary, Canada) - See all my reviews
(TOP 1000 REVIEWER)    (REAL NAME)
This review is from: Absolute Beginner's Guide to Computer Basics (Absolute Beginner's Guides (Que)) (Paperback)

Looking back, I wish I would have had a resource like Absolute Beginner's Guide to Computer Basics. The book starts right from the start. Right off, the book tells the reader that they aren't likely to damage the computer by pressing the wrong button. It also explains all the components of a computer and then takes the reader step by step through what the computer can do. Since the book is based on Windows 7 technology, the new computer owner can simply unpack the parts and begin setting up. By the end of the book, the reader will pretty much be caught up on the basics.

Absolute Beginner's Guide to Computer Basics is good for those new to computing. It provides the basics and does so in an easy to understand way. However, additional resources may need to be consulted if troubleshooting information is required.

5.0 out of 5 stars Basic but not stupid, 8 Feb. 2013
Malcolm Middlebrook (UK) - See all my reviews
I recently volunteered to work with AgeUK and because of my previous experience was assigned to a group of people even older than myself who wanted to learn more about computers and how to make the best use of them. As I had been dealing with young people up to NVQ level 3 I was worried I might pitch my training sessions too high so I bought this book along with several others to help bring me down to earth and look at things through the eyes of someone not familiar with computers. The book was exactly what I wanted, basic but not stupid. It covered Windows 7 and went through the various steps in a logical manner. As it turned out my 'students' had even less knowledge than I had anticipated and the basic explanations were just what I needed combined with lots of demonstrations and practice. Highly recommended but not for someone who has purchased a computer with Windows 8 as its O.S.

5.0 out of 5 stars Computer Basics, 13 Mar. 2012
I am self-taught on my computer and missed a lot of things on the way to getting on the internet. This book is answering all my questions about photos, documents etc. and much more.

4.0 out of 5 stars Quick review, 27 Jan. 2013
I bought this for my mum and dad (in their 70's) and just getting to grips with the internet and all that goes with it. I had a quick look before I wrapped this up and it seems like a really good guide to 'how to' etc, so I think they will be on their way to knowing their way around the net before too long :)

5.0 out of 5 stars excellent, 30 Dec. 2013
I have had a computer for an extremely long time and I have never really come to grips with it. I have looked through this book and I think that it will a great help to me

I have had a computer for an extremely long time and although I have been to classes I have never felt that I have come to grips with it. I have had a quick look through this book and I think that it will be a great help and I will finally know what I
am doing

4.0 out of 5 stars Absolute Beginner's Computer Book, 28 Aug. 2013
Excellent book for beginners to computing with easy to understand descriptions. There are good pictures to support in every chapter.

5.0 out of 5 stars FABULOUS, 9 Jun. 2014
Saw this book in my local library and as with everything else we need we always go on line to see what is available. This was, was an ex library book. The condition was marked as very good and it certainly is. We would happily recommend this supplier to anyone seeking books.

3.0 out of 5 stars not for me, 25 Jan. 2013

1.0 out of 5 stars Absolute Beginners Guide, 19 Nov. 2010
Unfortunately this wasn't the type of book I thought it was going to be. I thought it would have little
exercises for me to do so that I could get away this computing rubbish but I'm still in deep fog.

Absolute Beginner's Guide to Computer Basics (Absolute Beginner's Guides (Que))