1 Review

5.0 out of 5 stars Personal finance made simple, 4 Nov 2009
J. L. Gunn (Maldon, Essex United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Manage Your Money and Investments with Microsoft Excel (Paperback)
Having used Microsoft Money for years you get fed up with charts and graphs for everything. You make a slight error in one account and you have re-percussions in another account. Basically its too rigid. I found this book is more for people who have Excel, but are not really sure how to use it.
With this book not only do I get more use out of Excel, it provides sound financial common sense and a host of examples and templates for you to use as you wish.
I keep it simple by using the 'checking account' for bank account and card transactions and then a pivot table to manipulate the information and also I have made a cashflow sheet which I find more useful than the budget template.
You will soon find yourself playing around with functions downloading templates from Microsoft etc.
At the back of the book the author details the VBA code used for clever people who might like to tweak things

Problems to watch out for. My book from Amazon did not include the CD of Templates even though it was plastic wrapped. I went to the publishers and authors website and I was able to download the templates.
There is a template for your stock holdings and prices. You would probably be better off using the insert stock quotes add in from Microsoft as the one with the book didn't work

ARRAY(0xabf12a20)

Manage Your Money and Investments with Microsoft Excel
Manage Your Money and Investments with Microsoft Excel by Peter Aitken (Paperback - 22 Jun 2005)
15.23