5.0 out of 5 stars A concise and lucid summary of most exam topics
This book should ideally be read after reading cover-to-cover a Microsoft Official Curriculum, Microsoft Press or Que/Sybex Study Guide. The clue is in the title - it is for cramming in everything you have previously learnt for this exam.

Published on 23 April 2006 by G. Peachey

1.0 out of 5 stars Avoid this book at all costs
Too many poor points to write them all here are the glaring ones;

Incomplete or wrong explanations.
No Internet Explorer chapter which is truly shocking.
50 Measureup questions that you get are too old to be of any value.
Two practive exams at the end of the book are exactly the same after question 32 onwards.

The worst of crime of all...
Published on 13 Aug 2008 by E Sener

5.0 out of 5 stars A concise and lucid summary of most exam topics, 23 April 2006
G. Peachey "MCP" (UK) - See all my reviews

I made notes whilst reading through the book, which I recommend doing after first reading it cover-to-cover without making notes. It's worth cross-referencing with a study guide, the Microsoft Exam Preparation Guide and google searches as you go.

I found it covered some areas not in the MOC and vice-versa. The tear-out cram sheet for the exam hall is excellent.

Experience with XP and other MS products will help you make the most of the book, as well as practicing what is in the book.

I managed to score 921 on the exam doing all of the above. I am certain that I'd have done significantly worse without this book.

Good luck!

4.0 out of 5 stars Useful, but lacking a bit, 23 May 2003
By A Customer
This review is from: MCSE Exam Cram 2 70-270: Windows XP Professional (Paperback)
I found it to be extremely useful, but it lacks details in some bits. It doesn't cover Internet Explorer, which features in the exam. Would recommend buying this book only if used in conjunction with other material

5.0 out of 5 stars Buy this book for your exam preparations, 12 Jan 2007
I am really glad I bought this book for XP. I sat the exam and passed first time, maybe I was lucky but I found so much useful info inside, its worth much more money.

In the beginning, I saw several topics which I thought were unnecessary to read but presto! when I came across those same questions in the practice tests, I just had to go back to the book again and again and read them! Which made me appreciate the book even more. Its amazing how much info is packed into 400+ pages.

Everything is to-the-point, no messing around and beating round the bush. The way XP is described here, few books can match, IMO. It was obvious to me the authors have made a lot of effort to describe things as they have tips, alerts, easy explanations of many difficult concepts AND you get a mock exam CD!

Or maybe Im just carried away cos I passed?

However I must admit to also using another textbook (Sybex) which was slightly easier to read, but not in such great detail as this one.

So, I would certainly recommend it to any student of XP, but NOT AS A SOLE AID. Buy it and also use other recommended books and tests.

4.0 out of 5 stars Not a bad read, 23 Mar 2004
A decent book, has virtually everything you need to know. Not everything is explained to the fullest extent but there is certainly enough coverage of the key points. This is not a beginners book so some kind of hands on training would be helpful. Additional materials are needed to pass the exam.

5.0 out of 5 stars Decent study guide, 24 April 2006
I used this book to pass my exam, which i did comfortably. It has basically all you need to know, in regards to the exam, but abit of additional reading wouldn't go a miss. Pretty decent book and the author has structured the information in a digestible format. well worth the purchase, but you must put extra work\effort in yourself to pass. The other alternative is cheat by cramming your head with braindumps and passing the exam!! Depending on how serious your the choice is yours :=()'

1.0 out of 5 stars Avoid this book at all costs, 13 Aug 2008
Too many poor points to write them all here are the glaring ones;

Incomplete or wrong explanations.
No Internet Explorer chapter which is truly shocking.
50 Measureup questions that you get are too old to be of any value.

The worst of crime of all for me is this book messed up all the studying I have done beforehand. I read the Microsoft`s Self Paced training kit before this piece of junk and this book did nothing but confuse now I am having to reread the Microsoft Self paced book and refamiliarise myself with the proper stuff not the junk you get with this book.

You will find there is other 70-270 material on the web that is freeware and much better put together.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent, 26 Aug 2011
This book covers a lot of topics and is simplified to a point were a beginer like me fully understands the concepts. Well worth it.

5.0 out of 5 stars MCSE Windows XP Professional Exam Cram 2 70-270, 13 Dec 2009
Mr. Noel J. Griffiths (Llanelli, Wales) - See all my reviews
I used this book along with the Microsoft Press course book and found it a valuable resource for exam preparation it completely covered all the questions I had in the exam allowing me to pass it comfortably. Excellent value for Money, a must for anyone preparing for the 70-270 exam.

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant Book, 17 Feb 2005
I had 4 days to study from this book and passed, I have used exam cram books before and so far have not found a single fault with the information or content, i recommend this book before any others...

1.0 out of 5 stars MCSE Exam Cram 2 70-270, 18 Aug 2004
J. Pritchard (UK) - See all my reviews
I bought this book off the back of reading Exam cram 70-270 expecting this one to be an updated version. It's not they have just changed the cover & called it exam cram 2.
Amazon should publish this fact I have wasted hard earned cash on nothing.

MCSE Exam Cram 2 70-270: Windows XP Professional
MCSE Exam Cram 2 70-270: Windows XP Professional by Ed Tittel (Paperback - 21 Nov 2002)
Used & New from: £0.01