5.0 out of 5 stars Colourful New York
Customer Video Review     Length:: 0:24 Mins
James Gulliver Hancock is an Australian who likes to travel. During his travels he would sketch obsessively the places he visits.

Published 14 months ago by Parka

3.0 out of 5 stars Book fantastic, but the state it turned up in not so good.
I bought this book as a last minute present and after picking it up from the amazon locker I found the spin of the book all bent and battered.

So James Hannock, well done on a wonderful book, the images are fab, but shame amazon sent out a shoddy copy.
Published 11 months ago by Lucy

5.0 out of 5 stars Colourful New York, 12 Jun 2013
Parka (Singapore) - See all my reviews
(HALL OF FAME REVIEWER)    (TOP 50 REVIEWER)
This review is from: All the Buildings in New York: That I've Drawn So Far (Hardcover)
Length:: 0:24 Mins

All the Buildings in New York is an ongoing project and this book can be said to be born out of that. On his blog, he posts regularly of the buildings he drew. He hasn't reach all yet, hence the asterisk in the title, but he has managed to capture many of the iconic and also unknown ones. The book has only 64 pages.

His style is simple and beautiful. There's a sort of cartoon vibe about the line work and colours. Even the non-eye catching ones have their own charm when presented as sketches. It's a pretty fun book to check out the diverse architectural styles.

Of course there are the iconic buildings like Woolworth Building, New York Times Building, Hook and Ladder 8 where Ghostbusters was filmed, , Time Square, St Patrick's Cathedral, Chrysler Building, Rockefeller Center, Empire State Building, Solomon R. Guggenheim Museum and more.

There are also the residential buildings that line the busy streets of Manhattan.

Nice book to collect if you're into sketchbooks.

(There are more pictures of the book on my blog. Just visit my Amazon profile for the link.)

3.0 out of 5 stars Book fantastic, but the state it turned up in not so good., 20 Sep 2013

5.0 out of 5 stars Gift for my boyfriend, 8 Sep 2013
Very well received, a really good gift idea for anyone interested in art who wants to visit New York again.

5.0 out of 5 stars just what i wanted!!, 6 Jun 2013
this book is exactly what i wanted, and what i expected - and even better! these lovely illustrations of buildings are full of details and the style changes from building to building and never gets boring! I am so happy!

5.0 out of 5 stars Big apple in pics, 30 May 2013
Fantastic book. Loved the more cartoony feel. We are going to have a go too! not sure we will acjieve the same results.

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing ilustrations for the best city, 13 May 2013
I knew about this book reading an interview to the author and I just needed see one illustration for thinking that this book would be great. And I was right. This book it's really nice, with a beautiful illustrations that bring to my mind a lot of good memories about the best city of the world.

5.0 out of 5 stars Very beautiful work, 4 May 2013
P. Umhauer "prisca31" (Lyon, France) - See all my reviews
If you are passionnate about NYC & drawing, this is the book for you. The artist just creates an atmosphere so real about each buildings & captures every tiny details it is just bluffing.

4.0 out of 5 stars What you see is what you get!, 5 Aug 2014
You get exactly what it says on the tin, all of the buildings in New York have been illustrated in this book! That's it! Good for illustrators and graphic designers looking for inspiration

All the Buildings in New York: That I've Drawn So Far
All the Buildings in New York: That I've Drawn So Far by James Gulliver Hancock (Hardcover - 5 Mar 2013)
10.60