Format: Hardcover|Change

on 21 March 2011
This book is lovely. My son is 4 and we have been looking at it together at bedtime. The illustrations are brilliant and the text is very informative but not too much. Its the sort of book I can see my son refering to for a long time as it has many places in there that we have visited and hop to visit. Fab for children and adults alike .
on 23 June 2010
I got this book for my 7 year old for Christmas. We had previously got This is London and so had this as a follow up. Its informative, colourful and witty! It covers places you wouldnt expect and is a lovely book for sharing.
on 24 April 2013
Although this was bought for an eight year old we all enjoyed the beautiful pictures and delightfully written text - typical Sasek style
on 12 January 2013
My children love this series of books. Very entertaining and it gets them interested in other places in the world
on 3 November 2012
I ordered this book because I wanted to send an introduction to Britain to some Indian youngsters I met on holiday. This is, however, so embarrassingly inacccurate and out of date that I will not send it. It presents a Disneyland Britain of castles, cathedrals and stately homes, with no reference to how 99% of British people actually live. No pubs, no sports grounds, none of the spectacular modern buildings in London and beyond. No reference to the diversity of the population, with our Indian and Italian restaurants, our black Olympians. No motorways or railways or airports; no Birmingham, Manchester, Leeds. No reference to a modern Britain that brought the world jet engines, patrliamentary democracy, the internet, programmable computers, DNA testing, stainless steel, antibiotic drugs, and, most important of all, industrialisation and the megacity. What a missed opportunity.