Format: Hardcover|Change

VINE VOICEon 18 October 2010
While waiting for my plane at JFK I spent a lot of time browsing in the book store as the departure area is pretty boring. I happened across this book and thought I must order a copy from Amazon as soon as I get back home.

I did and it is now one of my favourite books. The illustrations are basic and childish yet beautiful. I have ordered another copy so I can cut out some of the pictures and have them framed.

5 Stars without a doubt.
on 5 May 2010
This is a gorgeous little book full of beautiful illustrations and a lovely story! It really gives a young mind a great insight to this wonderful city! I would highly recommended this and it will make a lovely present for a special little person!
on 19 August 2011
I have purchased a number of the books in this series, they are beautifully illustrated and my son loves them. I bought the first one when he was about 3 he is now 7 and enjoys reading them himself.
on 9 February 2013
this czech illustrator is unlike any other , although the cartoons of Mr Magoo are brought to mind. his work brings the 1950s to mind, he did a long series of these books, which are all delightful
on 17 January 2013
Same comments as for 'Cats Night Out' bought for same grown-up. Had a look through it, there are lots of lovely drawings and very colourful too, I think children would find it attractive.
on 28 April 2013
Fabulous illustrations, witty text. will be loved by newyorkers and non-newyorkers alike! Definitley worth a read, and a great addition to any children's book collection
on 26 February 2013
A good book to teach children beautiful cities.
Beautiful illustrations that characterize well the lifestyle of each city and reflect a lifestyle.
on 31 March 2014
An excellent classic with a wealth of information about New York. The book was delievered in a short amount of time.
on 27 January 2016
Great present for friend who moved to NY!
on 16 November 2014
These are such great books