5.0 out of 5 stars The Three Big Questions for a Frantic Family, 3 Jun 2010
C. Kidd (Dibden, Hampshire, UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: The Three Big Questions for a Frantic Family: A Leadership Fable About Restoring Sanity to the Most Important Organization in Your Life (J-B Lencioni Series) (Hardcover)
A couple of weeks ago I finished reading The Three Big Questions for a Frantic Family: A Leadership Fable About Restoring Sanity to the Most Important Organization in Your Life by Patrick Lencioni. I've enjoyed some of his other fable styled leadership books, and this was no different. The key concept from the book was that as leaders we spend time being clear on purpose, values and vision for our organisation and yet we rarely stop to think what we're doing with our family.

The book encourages you to ask 3 questions:

1. What makes your family unique
2. What is your family's top priority right now?
3. How do you talk about and use the answers to these questions?

Rather than posting a review straightaway over an enjoyable and easy to read book I left it a couple of weeks to see how easy it was for Hannah and I to implement. In the end we took two sessions to write out the answers to the above questions, and some of the micro questions. Lencioni's writing was helpful and highly adaptable for our family context and we're hoping to see real progress with our top priority. I'll write again on this in a few weeks time to let you know how it's going.

5.0 out of 5 stars Every family will benefit !, 28 Sep 2009
If you have any sort of 'normal' family life with children, overly full of activities, friends, work, chores, prep, clubs etc and so live in what I would describe as normal family chaos, then you will enjoy this book. A highly readable and simple structure, it is really 'do-able' for the typical frantic family. It is not rocket science, and, has real value. It is something we probably all know (deep down or on the surface) and yet aren't doing. It is packaged in a simple,easy and fun way. Our family are enjoying working with this and looking forward to being more focused and less frantic (it is still work in progress ;o) My 3 children ranging from 7 to 11 all 'got it' and are enjoying being part of the discussion and solutions and to positively creating how we want to live. Buy it - you won't regret it.

ARRAY(0xa637d1b0)